Clear Game Memory

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by JustBraden, Sep 8, 2018.

1. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

Here’s what happens when testing my game on my iPhone:

I start the game. It works perfectly fine with no lag whatsoever. Whenever the character dies, the game restarts. The first few rounds are lag-free, but the more you play, the more the game lags. Each round is limited to 1 minute in length. Lag is reset when the app is refreshed.

Each round takes place in 1 scene out of 40 possible ones. It’s random as to which one you’ll get. I think the game memory isn’t being cleared whenever a new game starts, keeping all the previous scenes loaded from other rounds. This only makes sense because the game has shown to run perfectly on my device.

Is there a way to clear the game memory each time you restart? I am aiming to have all lag cleared upon restart. Is there a way to reset a world upon death? When the game is refreshed, all lag clears for a few games. I have tried this by making the character briefly hop over to another world and back when restarting, but that does not work. How can I reload a world and reset all loaded objects?

Any help is appreciated and would mean a lot! ;)

2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,Don't know about resetting world,but there is a reset button in buildbox which reset game.Did you try that by overlapping it on restart button ?

3. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

well the thing is, I don’t want the entire game to reset because there are unlockable things and stats. But thanks for the reply!

Just something to simulate a refresh of the app without actually leaving the game.

4. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Oh i see....will let you know if there is any other way :)

JustBraden likes this.