Checkpoint Static Sound

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Deliverbo, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

Hi everyone,

When I play my game in
    Buildbox using the preview, my checkpoints sound fine.

But when testing on the iPhone using Xcode my checkpoints make a distinct static sound.
    I'm using a new
    iPhone se and Xcode 9.2 9c40b

If the checkpoints sound like this on my iPhone, will they also sound that way when people
    download from the App Store?

Thanks,

Danny :)

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, how the game is on your phone, everybody will see/hear it on their phone. There are several issues with sounds and if I'm not mistaken, several are getting fixed right now for the next update. So best would be to send your bbdoc to support so they can test it themselves on preview and device. Just make a sample bbdoc with a checkpoint and add your sound. Then if possible share as well a video that compares the sound from preview with the one from device so they know exactly what they have to look out for. Pretty sure it would get fixed as well for the next release since they already are looking at the sound engine in several ways.

Deliverbo likes this.
  3. Deliverbo

Deliverbo Avid Boxer

Hey Christoph,

Thanks for the good info.

The issue has been resolved. I finally realized it had to do with the placement of my character in relation to the checkpoint at the beginning of each scene that has a checkpoint.

Danny :)

Christoph likes this.