Checkpoint Help Please

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by patostar, Jun 20, 2019.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I have checkpoints in level 1, when I die and I click on continue from last checkpoint it works fine, but if I click on go to main menu and then I select level 1 again and I click on continue from last checkpoint it doesn't work, it starts from the first scene, how do I fix this? I am working on version 2.3.8

2. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I had a similar problem and solved it by adding a hidden coin to the checkpoint. The coin will remember the place where you ended the game. There was also a score set to all worlds, total coins .Maybe you will have to completely change the configuration of the point counter to make it work. It also depends on the type of game. Let's test it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    patostar likes this.
  3. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hey thanks a lot, the Restart button I set it to restart checkpoint, and it some scenes I have some images set to set as checkpoint, so when the player dies and he clicks restart it starts right from where he died. I tested it and works in all worlds.

Jaro likes this.
  4. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Good news. And what happens is you close the game and come back again ?? Do you start to play from the same place ??

patostar likes this.
  5. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Oh good question, honestly I still never tried it, my bad, when I try it I will tell you.

Jaro likes this.
  6. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

:)