Checkpoint & Character

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AndyG, Jun 22, 2016.

1. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

OK. Much to my disappointment (although I hope I've got this wrong) it seems that if you change your character during gameplay and then checkpoint. When you restart the game at the checkpoint you restart with the original default character and not the character you were last playing with!

Is this correct or is there a workaround?

2. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

I think if you add action over checkpoint will return your gameplay settings

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

hmmm... I would expect that the current "selected" character should be used in all cases until you "select" a new one. If not (what I think you are saying) then that is most likely a bug.

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

ok thanks for the update. will ping Sean.

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Actually you can not change your character during gameplay at all. Even if you put the character selector in the pause menu it will not change until you restart the game. Are you changing the character with an action? Because if yes, then it will go back to the one you have chosen before with the character selector...

6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

yes using a Replace Animation Behaviour during gameplay to change character but when Checkpoint happens it reverts back to the original/default character unfortunately :(

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

you mean passing a set checkpoint action or when passing a next checkpoint action? Because if you use next checkpoint it is like a new level so yeah, the original character without the action would be chosen. You can set the same action just beneath the character in the new level and automatically it converts again to the used action. The player never will know.

AndyG likes this.
  8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Oh, I misunderstood... I though you meant if you paused gameplay, changed the character. Then restarted. In that case the change should stick.

The gameplay action does not really change your character, and is designed to be temporary.

9. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

yep brilliant. that workaround is perfect. thanks @Christoph :)