Chartboost Ads Not Showing

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Brocky120, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Just implemented Chartboost Static Interstitials into my App on BB.

- I have entered the App ID and Signature ID from Chartboost into BB
    - I have made my Static Interstitial for my App, selected my app and put it in test mode.

I do not have AdMob ad's installed yet but I will be doing soon. When I run it on my device I get the following errors:

image.png
    Image1.png

2. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Make sure you create a campaign within your Chartboost dashboard and add your app into that :)

Christoph likes this.
  3. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Hi @Kevin W, I have done that and made the interstitial, still no luck. Also just added RevMob banners and that doesn't work either! I must be doing something wrong but not sure what.

FYI my app is not live yet...

4. Dan F

Dan F Boxer

What BB version are you using? There are a couple versions with known bugs regarding showing ads...

Christoph likes this.
  5. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

I believe BB 2.2.1 had issues with ads not appearing. I've not tested this personally but I think all should be resolved in 2.2.2

Christoph likes this.
  6. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

I'm on 2.2.2

I'm a bit baffled.

7. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

And it's definitely called to trigger in your project? IE: Show X times on X screen? Did you get the SDK confirmation from chartboost?

Maybe be worth looking at an app that you know should show chartboost also to see if those are showing.

8. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Yes its definitely being called. Regarding the SDK information, my other app has this integrated (Green tick) where as this one doesn't. I thought with BB it did it all for you?:confused:

EDIT: Turns out my Ads work on the xCode Simulator... but not on my phone. My phone is running iOS 10 DB2, will try on a iOS 9.3 device and report back.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  9. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

It should do, I'd definitely hit up support, doesn't sound like you've missed anything to me. You should normally get an email notification from chartboost to say that the sdk has initiated the call, unless they stopped this recently.

10. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Read my post up above, I've just edited it as you typed that message! Will experiment with iOS 9.3 firstly..

Thanks @Kevin W :)

Kevin W likes this.
  11. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Cool - yeah could well be that - good luck dude :)

12. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Tried on another phone.. (my Mums!) and it works as normal. These bloody beta's!:D One other thing @Kevin W that you may be able to help me with if you dont mind:oops:

This might be a bit complicated lol... When you export to iOS, at the location of "ios > libs > ads" You have all the Framework's for different ads, however, I re-downloaded the Chartboost SDK (It was 1mb bigger than the one inside the "libs > ads > PtAdChartboost" so a different version?) and put it into my xCode project as normal and it placed it into "ios". Do you know if I could delete the other Chartboost SDK as my app is 18mb but my project is nearly 200mb!

13. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Glad it's all worked out, and yeah, I gave up long ago installing these beta's, total nightmare and rolling back on your main phone is a hassle.

I'd just re-export from your BB project, there's no need to add the chartboost SDK in manually. That's probably easiest.