Character Rotation In Air

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by moonmoon, Sep 27, 2016.

1. moonmoon

moonmoon Boxer

Hi fellow boxers,

So I am trying to make my character rotate when it goes airborne, but I can't seem to achieve this effect. I have the controls set on swipe top, but instead of only going up in a straight line and coming back down again I want it to start rotating (similar to a rag doll).

Does anyone have a clue on how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance.

2. moonmoon

moonmoon Boxer

Okay I got it to rotate in air now by setting the angular velocity in the advanced move. But the issue I have now is that it keeps rotating when colliding with the ground again, how can I make it stop rotating when colliding with the ground?

3. cpullma1

cpullma1 Boxer

Create a transform logic piece and stretch it to cover your ground and set its angular velocity to 0, so when the player touches the ground the players transform values will be replaced.

4. moonmoon

moonmoon Boxer

Ah that sounds like a solution indeed, and I have tried it but nothing seems to change. Please take a look at my values: [​IMG]

5. moonmoon

moonmoon Boxer

Oh I've just found out that the Transform Logic piece doesn't work with characters but only with objects.. That's a pity :(

6. cpullma1

cpullma1 Boxer

Oh yeah I forgot... ha ha that sucks, but I think I have another way for you to do it. Go ahead and create a new Advanced Move Component for your character and set its angular velocity to 0 and have it replace when there is a collision with the ground object.

7. moonmoon

moonmoon Boxer

I tried it, and unfortunately it doesn't work. But I am currently working on a new project, so it's ok for now. But thank you very much for taking the time to help me out!

8. blackswan

blackswan Avid Boxer

Can you add your character graphic as a new object then link them together and overlap them?