Character purchases using Coins.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AndyG, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We are working out the details on improving this situation. It will be later than sooner, but it's on our radar.

2. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Good news Andy. Currently game saves can be stored via iCloud. Do you know how I can implement this in Xcode after export?

Bean Bag likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

No, I do not. I doubt this is something you can do post export, certainly not easily. Maybe a good knowledgeable programmer could work something out. The workaround we recommend right now is to not offer currency for real money. This is what we have done in our own games and has served us well thus far.

4. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Ok great.

I've setup a character that would be purchased via in-game currency (coins collected). I set that character cost to 10, I received more than 10 coins and I cannot unlock the character. What else must be done to unlock that character?

If I'm publishing a free game to Google Play with ads or a paid game, without in-app billing, I understand that I must remove <uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" /> from the Android Manifest. Are there any similar strings that must be removed from iOS exports?

Your team should add that info to the guide, because if that string remains in the build, the app will not be visible to countries that are not in the countries list for merchant accounts. Like my country Barbados for example. Only now we can download whatsapp from Google Play directly.

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I
    I've opened an ticket to have this issue resolved. I'm unaware of anything similar needed to iOS.

6. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

After days of trying I got it, I didn't add the unlock character button

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

in regards to unlocking the character I would send a sample BBDOC to support and see what it up... most likely it's just a config issue that can be resolved rather easily... if not a proper issue can be opened for that as well. (my previous comment was just referring to the in app billing issue)

Bean Bag likes this.
  8. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

I got it done, thanks.

In relation to the string, I just wanted to be sure before I submit my app to Apple. I do not want it to be rejected. It will be a paid app with no ads, and no in app purchases.

Bean Bag likes this.
  9. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I have an similar issue. I have been asked to apply Currency Purchases to my Game. So the game now has a system of the character collecting gems in gameplay. Those gems can be used to purchase various characters. Now I must have a function to where more gems can be purchased to buy more characters using real currency. I have read through the post several times and am still not clear how to set this up. I am also confused with how to implement a restore for all of the characters purchased with gems collected during in game play and those collected with real money.

1.) I understand how to set up my Heyzap reward videos and in game play currency.
    2. I am unclear about the real money set up and so I do not understand the process
    3.) I am currently using BB1 is the restore button available on all screens in BB2
    4.) Is it best just to have my programmer implement an action to fix the restore all ads and characters issue

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

There is no way to do this currently, you would need some sort of external server to store game data on a per customer basis. The regular restore function (restore button) is provided by Apple, but it only restores non-consumable IAPs.

Bean Bag likes this.
  11. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I d
    I do not understand what you are saying. So are you saying that buildbox cannot restore characters purchased by collected gems or bought with cash. Please put this in simple terms. I am new to this. Explain how I can have my programmer update my code for this to work.

12. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

yes, in app purchases with real money are restored apple side.
    no, this cannot be tracked without some kind of cloud mechanic, which bb games do not have.

13. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

So what does the restore retore-ads only?

14. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

What if i add Non-Consumable money packs ? It's fine by Apple Folk ?

15. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Wait a minute, non-consumable money? Like buying one coin and keep using that one coin to buy more and more stuff as it never gets exhausted? :)

Apple's problem is that you use purchase something that is non-consumable and then you do not offer to restore that purchase whenever user reinstalls his app or the complete system or moves to another device etc. They do not care how that purchase was paid off, if it was real or game currency. If the purchase was non-consumable it is very similar to a microwave oven or a TV set. Once you bought it it is yours. Forever. Even if you move to another house...

Qdeveloper likes this.
  16. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I mean, You buy one time pack of money, Than you can spend it whatever you like on buying characters or use it for checkpoint / power ups etc.
    You still can collect some coins in the game itself.

Since no workaround to restore unlocked character, They might have no issue to give the user the amount he bought it before.

17. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Not sure if it's only me, As long as you can buy other stuff through in-game (coins) like ( checkpoint / power ups / skip checkpoint ) beside characters, They don't have any issue with it.

our game have characters can be unlocked using in-game coins and apple have no issue to approve it for us.

18. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Andy & @AndyG - The 10.6 rejection you both went back and forth over is now called
    3. 1.1 BUSINESS: PAYMENTS - IN-APP PURCHASE and it has nothing to do with coins shops. I'll start a new thread on this but I'm putting it here in case somebody else has the same issue.

Business - 3.1.1

Your app uses intermediary currency to purchase items that function as non-consumable products but does not include a restore mechanism.

Users restore transactions to maintain access to content that they've already purchased.

Next Steps

Please modify your app to include an optional user registration feature that allows users to restore their purchases to all of their iOS devices.

We recommend indicating that account registration is necessary to restore previously purchased In-App Purchase products, and providing a way for users to register later if they wish to access this content in the future.