Character on platform?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Jiri, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

Hi @Andy and @heathclose. Can you please just tell me how can I put character on the platform that is exactly like in Skye game please? I mean in the middle of the platform. When I have my character on platform, how can I achieve the same position? I have this right now(attached file). And need effect like in sky or like in color maze (character in the middle of th platform).

Attached Files:

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Do you mean Sky (I don't know Skye), that was all done with Paths. I'm not great with gameplay, I will have to let someone else answer.

3. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

Sorry for that, yes I meant Sky:) ok thank you

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

If I understand correctly you are asking "how do I jump from one platform to another exactly, no more, no less?" Your answer lies in jump settings, Gravity, character x,y max speeds, and whatever else defines how a character behaves in your world... Try looking at the sticky jump template, although that allows for holding down the jump for a longer jump, if you remove that, this can point you in the right direction to study ... and search the forums for questions you have along the way.

5. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

I mean how can I position my character to the middle of the platform like in Color Maze or Sky for example. Please see attached images above. Thanks a lot for your help @healthclose

6. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

@heathclose the first image above is my character and background

7. heathclose

Combine all of the above mentioned attributes with where you start your character... Start the toon in the middle, all your settings gets the toon to the next middle... Everything in between is trial and error and best educated guesses until you have it down

8. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

@heathclose I just need my character on the platform like this (attached file). Something like Lien Zen but I need to go on the platform, not on the background. I am sorry but I don't know what is toon?

Attached Files:

9. heathclose

Toon is just short form for character.... Like a cartoon... I get tired of saying character ...too many syllables when I can just grunt "toon"

10. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

I see:) thank you I will try it!