Character Movement Bug After Update Urgent

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Squiggz, Nov 28, 2018.

  1. Squiggz

    Squiggz Boxer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    7
    This Broke My Gameplay.
    Character is just supposed to go left to right, but seems to be going like down around the game frame. Theres no gravity or anything. This happened right after the 2.3.7 update.
    Uploaded quick video to streamable showing the new gameplay, upload screenshots of the bbdoc , and a test bbdoc

    https://streamable.com/nouct
    https://ufile.io/3w1jc <-- bbDoc
    Screen Shots
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.20.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.25.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.25.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.20.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.21.36 PM.png
     
  2. Squiggz

    Squiggz Boxer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    7
  3. Squiggz

    Squiggz Boxer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    7
  4. Josh (Nology Games)

    Josh (Nology Games) Community Manager Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2017
    Messages:
    859
    Likes Received:
    262
    Did you happen to save the 2.3.6 version separately?
     
  5. Squiggz

    Squiggz Boxer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    7
    i have a 3 week old version saved, but am missing all the levels I created. I updated it to a 2.3.7 file
    is there a way to fix this issue or take a file from 2.3.7 to 2.3.6.
    This update completely broke the character functionality of my game
     
  6. Squiggz

    Squiggz Boxer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    7
  7. Frederik

    Frederik Boxer

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2018
    Messages:
    48
    Likes Received:
    14
    I had similar situation resolved by adding another Advanced Move with Event: On Start and set Linear Velocity to Y component by trial and error to make character stable in Y direction. In my case for Forced Movement 150 is 18.
     
  8. DariusGuerrero

    DariusGuerrero Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2016
    Messages:
    470
    Likes Received:
    379
    Hey man thank you for the trust but I'm sorry I can't open the BBDoc this weekend as I'm on travel and I have a fan problem with my laptop as well. Please play around with the world settings and advanced movement in the mean time . Good luck
     
  9. Squiggz

    Squiggz Boxer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    7
    Yeah sadly @Frederik this didnt work for me =/ . trying to work out a solution here but i think i may have to make a temporary box around it in the background -_-

    I just dont understand how with an update it an change a whole dynamic of character movement. I only get 1 email a day from support while paying for the service :(
     
  10. Squiggz

    Squiggz Boxer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    7
    could this be a cocos2d or box2d library change? @TreySmith
     
  11. Josh (Nology Games)

    Josh (Nology Games) Community Manager Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2017
    Messages:
    859
    Likes Received:
    262
    What did support say?
     
  12. Frederik

    Frederik Boxer

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2018
    Messages:
    48
    Likes Received:
    14
    I got it.
    1. Set World Forced Movement Min/Max to same constant
    2. Add character Advanced Move, On Start, Replace with Y linear velocity about 10% of Forced Movement (test and change value to stabilize Y movement)
    3. Fix your Advanced Move left to Replace instead Add
    4. Disable Forced Movement
    I've tested it repeatedly. Every one of these 4 steps is essential.
     

    Attached Files:

  13. Squiggz

    Squiggz Boxer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2018
    Messages:
    84
    Likes Received:
    7
    cool @Frederik Ill try this now thank you!
    and @Josh (Tekanology) no one has gotten back to me in about 2 days.

    I did find the problem. When exporting the same project(one on 2.3.6 & one on 2.3.7) that had different character move functionality the libcore file was different. After export I copied the 2.3.6 libcore.a file to my 2.3.7 export and it fixed it. but I still cannot test in build box because of this. This is merely just a work around for a finished project :(

    (after export location)
    /ios/BBPlayer/libs/core/libcore.a
     

Share This Page