Character Lives

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by gauravdashora, Mar 9, 2017.

1. gauravdashora

gauravdashora Boxer

How to add 3 lives to the character? It should represent graphically on screen. When character dies then 3 reduce to 2 , 2 reduce to 1 and 1 reduce to 0 and then it go to game over. Used Coins for count down timer and points for actual coins.

2. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

If your main question is "How to add 3 lives to the character?", meaning dynamically during gameplay, like with a powerup, you can't. It is a feature that I believe is in the queue, along with the ability to have a status bar. Hopefully it will be in a bb version soon.

3. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

You can assign lives to the character. But they can not be shown on the screen.

From the support department I was also told that I would soon be in a new version of BB

4. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Hi Appymes. It definitely was not clear from his post, but I believe gauravdashora was asking about adding lives during gameplay,

5. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

No offense, but whats the point of adding them, if you can't see you've got them? or how many you've actually got ..

6. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

I understand that when they can be shown, when Buildbox already has that ability, they will be able to interact. Add, subtract, change font ... etc ...

7. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

We're all waiting on BB 3.0, with it the horizon is filled with endless opportunities

I read something about 3D with it, actually makes sense BB 3.0 has new feature --> 3D GamePlay (awesooome :cool:)