Character jumped/teleported out of boundary upon death

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Jagabum, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Jagabum

Jagabum Guest

Not sure what happened, it was pretty much working fine until when I was doing the final testings.

What happened is this: When the character collides with the enemy and dies, it suddenly jumps out of the boundary and died outside about half the time.

Anyone encountered this before and knew what caused it, or have any suggestion on what might caused this please? One suspect is that I use Time Warp 100 and Velocity Drag 6, not sure whether that could have caused it? Another suspect is that I have a pretty small collision area... could it be that upon colliding, the enemy went thru the character's collision area and then pushed the character away by physics?

2. Jagabum

Jagabum Guest

i have a strong suspicion this has something to do with the "Game Over Delay" of the character... searched the old forum on this, seems like this number should not be zero and i should have some number there? If yes, what is the smallest number that you guys tried and worked please? I am trying to see whether 0.05 works, seems ok so far...

What i want it as low as possible and even zero if possible, is that I want the character to literally freeze there when it dies. Any help here is greatly appreciated, thanks much guys!