Character Cant Jump On The Platform Which Is Moving Downward/upward

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by fast999, Apr 10, 2019.

1. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

Sometimes when a fixed platform is moving upward or downward so my character cant jump from the middle of the platform.Character jumps only from the edges of the moving platform.Is this a bug in buildbox.plz help how to solve it?

2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Would be best to record a video of what you mean. Make sure each objects COLLISION is set properly.

fast999 likes this.
  3. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

this is the video ..

4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Yes, sometimes jumps, sometimes does not. I also have noticed this in my games. Still haven't figured a way around, it's due to the moving platform, creating conflicting physics for Buildbox to calculate. However, this is happening for some characters only. I had a game with 4 characters with different abilities, and one of the character is doing this (cannot jump every time), but the others were OK. Exact same setup for all 4, but one could not jump properly when a platform is moving. Heck, it's probably a BB bug and I am talking about BB3, not BB2.

My suggestion: email support@buildbox.com and ask them if there's a way around. If character cannot jump when button is pressed or whatever, it creates bad experience for the player.

5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Another way is try to change the shape of your character to something more simple, because the collision shapes of your character might be complex. Like replace this human-looking thing :D with square or a cube and see if it's going to jump.

If that's not a BB bug, it's a collusion shape problem (most-likely).

fast999 likes this.
  6. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

:) thnx for the info and for the help... i will now look over it especially the human looking thing which i made through microsoft paint :) ..hehe