Change Worlds Only Of Character Purchased

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Codifie, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I'm looking for a way to change worlds only if a character has been purchased by the player.

My initial thought was to place a Nav button under the character purchase button, but the Nav button is active regardless of whether or not the player has enough coins.

Why do I want to do this? My game is based on specific character specs, lets say the character is round, so the world is built on using a round character (ie: bounce, friction, release speed, etc.). Using Advanced Moves and Action items this character specs can change, lets say changes color or may bounce to left or right.
    However I would like to offer lets say a square character, which would then require a world built around that characters specs since the current worlds action items are "round" character based. So something as simple as an action item changing the characters color, isn't going to work if the action item is based on a round character, hence the need for a different world if for example a square character is purchased.

I'm beginning to believe this concept isn't possible using Buildbox so I am wondering of anyone has ever accomplished this ability? I would love to hear some ideas since I have tried everything I can think of.

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Figured this out.
    Sell the world, not the character, although the player is shown the character. Using the Lock button, so in-game currency is used, redirect to new world if unlocked, place invisible action item on top of character that changes to new unlocked character. Done.
    I don't know why it took me so long to figure out something so simple!