Change direction of character bullets?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Lazlow, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

I've got my character on the screen, game direction is -90 (going up), but my bullets only fire to the right. I need them to fire up, in the direction of the game. I don't see a bullet direction control anywhere. Help?

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You also need to setup the bullet speed (remove X speed and add positive Y speed to fire upwards)

3. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

Where is that?

4. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

I see the drop down for "character bullets" when I select an object in the scene, but that just changes that object to a character bullet. How do I affect the bullets that the character actually spawns?

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I have that yellow dot as a character bullet (it is hard to see here that is a yellow dot but the selected object...).

On the advanced editor, see the Linear Velocity? Currently it is X:20.000 / Y:0.000 -- Change that to X:0.000 / Y:20.000. The box to the right is the randomness, currently they are 0, but if you say 10 for the X and 5 for the Y then you will get random Linear Velocities in between X:0 - +10 and Y:+15 - +25. If you want X:-10 - +10 for instance, then give X:-10 and randomness 20...

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 3.16.27 PM.png

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Add the character bullet in the character's Default Animation, not on the scene...

7. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

AAHHHH, okay, I see that now. I had just dropped in the bullet as an object in the "Bullet Animation" slot and was just going with that. Thanks so much for your help!

8. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

...except now the bullet doesn't move at all. I've set the Y velocity to 200 but when the object is shot it appears on the screen and then just sits there, scrolling down with the background.

Edit: Okay, fiddling around a bit I've got it to actually move forward like a bullet should, but it only appears when I'm moving my character left or right, it won't shoot when I'm standing still.

9. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I guess you have added it only to the Move Animation. Aldo add that to the Default one... Also check out Shooting and Bullet Animations, although for me those did not give the adequate results...

10. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

I think I've got it now (knock on wood) - I added all that to the shooting animation instead. Default animation is normal (just the character), shooting animation has the bullet added with those properties. Thanks again!