Can't remove unnecessary images in atlas

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by trygiimusic, Oct 22, 2015.

1. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

Would this become a problem? I imported some images into my game, but I decided to not to use them. So I removed them but they are still in the atlasses even if I clicked the ''Remove unused image objects''.

Is this going to take up unnecessary space?

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Try, View > Atlases > Optimize Atlases, that should remove any objects you've removed.

hixo17, itzonator, BossGames and 2 others like this.
  3. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

You can also try manually deleting them. First click the spare image appearing in the atlas, this will highlight the image by name in the list on the left. Next click the highlighted name on the left to give focus to that window. Then press delete on the keyboard. If the image is not being used it will be deleted from the atlas.

tceyassine, pukaw888 and Phill Mason like this.
  4. tceyassine

tceyassine Boxer

-------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------
    Thank you very much... This saved me

5. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

I am having the same problem but i just cannot delete the atlases because it says that it´s being used. I have already deleted the objects that used all those unnecessary atlases, cleared images, and still cannot optimize the atlases.

Selasu likes this.
  6. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Bump. Having this issue. Deleted all my backgrounds from my Worlds and UI. But BB is still telling me that it is in use. I've been through every World/UI to make sure it isnt off screen somewhere. Any ideas? @Andy

7. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Ive only had this problem a couple of times.
    But i now always delete everything from the presets, or default, before i start. This seems to work for me.
    Never have image and atlas problems again.
    And also someone mentioned being in the game mind map works best when veiwing atlases to optimise.
    Also there is a thing called better zip that you can download and use the trial version to delete unwanted images.

8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Well, when hit optimized in Atlases, removed all unused images from Sprite Editor.

Shylxve likes this.
  9. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

I'm also having the same issue, if anyone finds a workable solution please share, cheers

10. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Solution....
    Deleting the Image within UI did not allow the image to be removed from the Atlas, however deleting the empty UI where the Image was previously stored was able to fix this, sometimes....

Also Try hitting the "x" icon box to delete the image and then delete the Image Icon... this also worked.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    ZackGriset likes this.
  11. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

The easiest and the sure fire way is to change you bbodoc to. Filename.zip.

Then open the zip file. Pull.out the images folder, remove the images you don't want.
    Then delete the original images folder in the zip.
    Then drop.back.in the the images folder with the deleted assets back into the zip
    Close the zip program
    Rename the the zip back to bbdoc extension
    Load it up in BB then optimise atlas
    Eh presto atlas is cleaned up

Make a back up of the file to be on the safe side before you do the above

12. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Agreed. I've done this numerous times now. I also used it to remove sound files that weren't deleting. One big problem I used it for was the persistent bug on the Atlas in regard to Icons. If you decide to try out lots of different icon designs (via options pages) to see how they look on a phone then you'll find the size of your app increasing over time. Clearing down the Atlas doesn't remove old icons used. I saved many mb in clearing out those old images.

It's a little scary as an approach though as you risk causing issues with the game if you delete the wrong things. I was told this was fixed earlier this year but it still persists. Not tried it in BB3 but wouldn't be surprised if it's still there.

13. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Sigh.... Didn't work or I must have deleted too much

WARNING*** make sure to save because possible errors even if you think ya got it to work with itunesconnect...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  14. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I had similar problem. Best way is : open Atlases, Remove unused... , Optimize , Rebuild ( do the same for every atlas ) and then close Buildbox. Open Buildbox and try process again. It helped me few times. Also make sure sprites are okay.

15. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Just for confirmation. Did try remove 2 objects. 3 proceses showed 0 objects . Fourth one said : Optimized number of sprites : 2 !!!!
    Im on 2.3.7

16. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Is this good or bad, i can't tell......

17. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

It’s good because it works. Sometimes it seems to me that the BB is a living organism ( lol ). In my opinion the problem is in connection with the BB server.

18. Shylxve

Shylxve Boxer

Thanks!!!!