Can't Find The Option How We Give Objects A Kill Value

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Phill Mason, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I'm making a shooting game and in BB v1.3.5, we used to be able to give an enemy object 'health' and 'damage' attributes, so as not every enemy object died with the same amounts of bullets. I can't find this option anywhere. In BB v1.3.5, you clicked on the object in the left panel and on the right you could set the health and damage of that object.

Q: Where has that option gone in BB2? Do we not have it? @Andy ?

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Checkout object and character components, you will find health and damage there:

Phill Mason likes this.
  3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

but to quote your title, and to ask a question I still seem to be looking for is how we give objects a "kill value"... ie points... how do i give different points for different tier baddies? (or maybe i'm hijacking your thread but I thought that is what you were asking)

JoeWilson likes this.
  4. Phill Mason

Perfecto, thanks @Andy - I kept clicking on the object in the scene and only seeing Wake Up and Spawner, now I'm clicking the object in the left menu, I can see the health and damage options in the +Add Component button at the bottom right. Nice to see those BB2 tutorials on the Tube now, as I just learned a couple of new things watching the videos you posted here- fab :) Thanks again.

5. Phill Mason

No, you're dead right @heathclose, I was asking that too and I'm not sure if we have that option. @Andy, could you please confirm this?
    Q: How to give varying points to objects (for example, Object A = 10 points - Object B = 50 points) ?

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

No, not available directly for enemies. You might be able to connect an action... but not 100% sure.

Phill Mason likes this.
  7. Phill Mason

Thanks @Andy, I'll have a play around to see what I can come up with.

8. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

Thanks @Andy

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  9. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

how? please show your work... I keep seeing people saying they are connecting an action to an object and using it to give them a score, however, as this is a feature I have long been trying to do, every single way I do it, the action "dies" with the object and does not give a score... what on earth are people doing to make this work?

edit: I think the issue is people are seeing this work with collision kills... I keep trying to make this work with shooting kills... maybe that is why I see people saying it is working... I want shooting kill points...

10. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

It is straight forward heathclose!! make the enemy the parent and link it to the action.
    I've done it in seconds for a test and am sure you can do..

NoNo...

It is my mistake just give me some time to check it again and get back to u!!

Sorry

11. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

I've tried again and couldn't manage to do it.