Cannot Activate Paid Version License After Using The Free Version

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Mangkubumi, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Mangkubumi

Mangkubumi Boxer

I have a question about Buildbox Plus Version activation.

I had already used free version before I purchased the Plus Version. Then I tried to enter the license key, but I didn't find the box for entering the license key. When I click the "Upgrade" button in the upper right corner, it always redirect to Buildbox License page site.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Buildbox and restarted my PC, but it didn't affect anything. The software still enter to free version.

So my question is, how do I enter the Plus version license key? I have contacted Buildbox Support, but until now they have not responded it.

Thank you very much.

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You need to remove BB from your registry too. But if you don't know how to do this, @Sean Buildbox will help you once he is online. Support answers depends on your time zone. Right now, they are probably all just waking up as its 6am

3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Sorry for the delay. Support has seen a huge surge in volume the past few weeks but we are working to accommodate that and will respond as quickly as possible. In the latest beta build we have fixed the Help > Activate License function if using 3.2.X beta, but if not please navigate to:

MAC:
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.eightcell.buildbox3/

Go to finder. Click the go tab and hold down the option key then navigate from there.

WINDOWS:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Local\eightcell\Buildbox\com.eightcell.buildbox3

(Make sure the option "See Hidden Folders" is checked)

Once on the designated locations above, delete the com.eightcell.buildbox folder.

Now reopen Buildbox.

This should allow you to select "Already have activation key?" and enter your activation key. Be sure to enter it without any extra characters or spaces at the beginning or end.

4. Keyur Amin

Keyur Amin Boxer

I have the same problem. I upgraded 12 hours ago but it didn't ask me the activation code. In fact, I got the same activation code that I had for the free version so I have no idea that the above steps would still make the Builbox go from free version to plus version or not! Although, I have already tried the above steps but cannot figure out if it is now the free version or plus version. If there is anywhere to be seen on the desktop version, please let me know how I can check the status of my subscription. I am using a Mac.

Moreover, when I look into the website account, I see that the option of 'Customizable Loading Screen' is set to 'No'. So, I suppose it isn't yet upgraded.

I have submitted the ticket and awaiting a response. However, if there is a way to get this sorted out faster, I appreciate it.

5. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Will DM you