Can the transformer affect the character?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by amazingafternoon, Jan 1, 2016.

1. amazingafternoon

amazingafternoon Boxer

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if the transformer can affect the character (I don't see it in the asset's list)...

also is there any possibility of a decoration affecting the velocity of a character?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Others described that you can use a very small physics object (4x4px, transparent or hidden behind the character) and attach the character to it. Then use the transformer with the physics object and the character will respond to it. This only works with a few game styles and depends mostly on the world and character physics you have set up. You can also test a platform or decoration instead of the physics object, but I don't remember if it's possible too.

3. amazingafternoon

amazingafternoon Boxer

Hi Christoph thank you for your answer, the problem is that I am attempting to make the character move in two different directions but I can't use platforms because the character must jump down to the other platform. And the collision shapes don't allow it. So I need to understand how to make the character move to the front and to the back depending on where it is at a given moment. If I attach the object to the character can I define movement in two directions? I have been trying but still wasn't able to get it right.
    Thanks again for the tip Christoph!