Can I Still Do A Side-scolling Racer?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ironlion37, Apr 23, 2020.

1. ironlion37

ironlion37 Boxer

Hi everyone,
    I've imported a 2D side-scrolling racer I built in BB2. The car physics aren't working at all though. It is still possible to put a car body on two wheels and have the wheels turn?

I've attached an image of what the car looks like imported into BB3. I don't see any "wheel" options. And the wheels are connected to the character (car body) via "linkers" now.

My basic question is how to I create a race car like this in BB3?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Car.JPG
      Car.JPG
      File size:
      15 KB
      Views:
  2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You could try using the buggy template and have a look at the car there. Then import that into your game, change the settings to suit your game, or just take some screenshots and copy them for your 2d car. You will also need to take a look at the collision shapes too, to make sure that they are the correct sizes and not too big/small.

3. 721c63e946

721c63e946 Boxer

MotoHeroz is the type of game that has you restarting a track over and over to get a good time, but those who like to strive for perfection in a game will appreciate the challenge. The physics-based gameplay requires precision to get good times -- you can't just go all-out. Each track has challenges that will require you to hit jumps at the right speed to catch the next ramp. Once you've beaten the posted track time, you have the added snaptube vidmate challenge of finding a hidden chest on each level.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020