Can I adjust the random levels?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Perry, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

So the way my game is set up is as follows. It's split into 5 different sections, each with a checkpoint halfway through as well as another checkpoint and reward section in between each section. I have the levels within each section set to randomize so that it's not always the same.

My issue lies in the fact that it repeats the same levels quite a bit. Sometimes it shows the same one 3 times in a row here and there. I am curious if there is a setting I am not seeing where I can adjust the repeat factor. Ideally I would love for it to choose the levels randomly, but never repeat during a single playthrough.

Is this possible?

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

not in BB1. there is no setting for the randomization frequency of scenes. I too have seen that issue. Sometimes the same scene playing 2 or even 3 times in succession.

BB needs to be able to only play each scene once and then when all have been displayed reset and start again (with the caveat that the last scene displayed should not be repeated next). Perhaps BB2 will have more robust randomization?

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, in an update it could do.
    Watch the video of Zen Line, Min 11 to the right, the "Play Cooldown" field

4. CryoBox

CryoBox Boxer

I just saw the video and noticed that, it lead me to this thread.

How can such an amazing feature, which existed all the way back before 'The Line Zen' still not be available???? :S

It's amazing, in an infinite endless game with many scenes, you can make the really hard ones appear once every 25 scenes or so. Having control over something like that has many benefits, as indeed sometimes even when there are many scenes, some scenes appear annoyingly often.

5. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

+1 for BB1

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

+1 for better randomization algorithm and +1 for more control on the chance of displaying specific scenes