Building For Different Size Phones

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by crmsnbld, Feb 21, 2019.

1. crmsnbld

crmsnbld Boxer

I built my game for the screen size of an iPhone 5, when I test it on my phone, an iPhone XR, it looks all wonky. Do I have to build a separate version of my game for each phone type? How can I remedy this? Thanks in advance!

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Not sure if you are using BB3 or BB2 so I will just cover the basics here and see if it corrects your issue regardless of the version you are running.
    No, you do not need to create different versions for each device.

First, what setting are you using in the Settings:Screen Adjustment field. Take a look there first. I recommend Auto or Default, play with these and test your game for different scenarios, iPad especially and any others you wish.
    Next, are your UI images/Labels/buttons, all of these things set with the checkbox Stick to Edge or not. This is another factor for UI elements that if not set correctly will cause strange behaviors.
    If you play with the things I just mentioned above it should fix your issues.

crmsnbld likes this.
  3. crmsnbld

crmsnbld Boxer

Thank you Codifie! I am using BB2.

I'll check on all of your suggestions. I appreciate it!

4. crmsnbld

crmsnbld Boxer

Set to Auto and had to set some to stick to edge, but not others. You are awesome!! Thanks so much!

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

You're very welcome! Wish you success.