Buildbox + Microsoft + Vungle Promotion

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Buildbox, May 18, 2016.

1. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @dmmcmah
    Thank you for reply.
    We have added also in Description file or Privacy Policy, and change screenshots and Submit again for Review.
    For Leaderboard we can not assist you, as we also do not now how to setup Leaderboard from Desktop or for Mobile Apps.
    Still looking for some tutorials on how to for Windows Apps with Visual Studio 2015, even on Udemy we did not find.

2. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi to all.

When you uploading your Games to Microsoft do you adding Privacy Policy for every App separately?
    Also we have one game on Microsoft/Windows App Store, made by BuildBox 2.1.0 exported to Window Store, but we can not download to our Windows Device to test it.
    It says it supporting Windows 10, and our device has Windows 10 OS but somehow we can not download it.

3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Looking for a bit of clarification on the whole Windows Export scenario please.
    Q1: Can we export from BB 1.3.5 for this Windows Promo? I see I have 3 options:
    1: Windows Desktop.
    2: Windows Desktop EXE.
    3: Windows Store

I'm assuming #2 is the right choice.

Q2: This promo is for Vungle only, but my only option for ads in BB 1.3.5 is only Leadbolt. Is this different in 2.1? Thanks.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Only Buildbox 2.1+ is supported for the promo (and in that case it is the Windows Store export).

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  5. Phill Mason

Thanks for the swift confirmation @Andy, much appreciated.

6. Phill Mason

@Andy just to clarify, to export to Windows store from BB2.1.1, we need to compile on a Windows 10 PC using Visual Studio Community, correct? Is there anyway to compile on a Mac?

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yes, this only works on Win 10 to my knowledge. Might work through a Win 10 VM on a Mac... but have not tried.

Christoph and Phill Mason like this.
  8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Andy, could you clarify this confusion?

I got a mail with the subject Microsoft/Vungle Promotion Extension which says:
    And on the Buildbox Blog (https://www.buildbox.com/microsoft-vungle-promotion-extension/) it says:
    What is true?

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ultimately it's up to Microsoft, if you are interested I would try to submit your games as soon as possible.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha not really the answer I was looking for. In the end this are two opposite messages from Buildbox and not from Microsoft. Would be nice if the rules are clear for the customers since it is Buildbox who is inviting. I just pointed out that you have two completely different messages sent to customers and this most probably is a mistake. Only the first 30 or all customers will get 500USD? This is here the question.