Buildbox Limited Time Offerings...

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by DrWho, Aug 27, 2018.

1. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

I'm sure other fellow Boxers on here also received an email today from the BuildBox Team stating the up-coming Limited Time ofcourse, The Master Collection 2.0 which is due to start this coming Wednesday on August 29th @ 10:00AM PST | 1:00PM EST. This is almost comparable to the likes of a Seasonal-Limited Time of a McDonalds McRib Sandwich or White Castles Fish Nibblers to that effect! Why can't the BuildBox Team offer all it's packages / Products to their end-users/Customers for those to be able to choose if they want to either do the Subscription Plan Method. Or... Purchase a Full-Paid-License.. ?!? Why not have these options available all the time just like they do with their Subscription Plans? It's real simple here... If certain users cannot afford the "Full-Paid-License" then they can choose the Subscription Plan method to get BuildBox 2 and/or BuildBox 3. And for those that can afford the "Full-Paid-License" of BuildBox Master Collection 2.0 or whatever other product that they would have available to choose from. Then let them do that then. What is the point in having these extremely limited time based options to purchase BuildBox Master Collection 2.0 ?? The BuildBox Team should allow these additional options to help cater to a much wider user/customer base. Have the Subscription Plans that are available now.. Along with the Master Collection 2.0 with say two payment options to purchase the Master Collection 2.0. A One-Shot payment to purchase the Full-Paid-License.. And a second option to say like make 3 to 4 payments on the Full-Paid-License of BuildBox Master Collection 2.0. To my honest opinion here, having this Master Collection only coming up once an awhile is kinda' rediculous. Make all your products available to your customers Team BuildBox with plenty of options for purchasing. That is my take and thoughts on it here.

MAC420 and jcalle like this.
  2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I believe that the 'Master Collection' gives people a chance to purchase outright all of the new tools coming for a single price, without having to pay a subscription.

Trey did mention that there will be a variety of subscription models for use to pick from once all the software goes live with an 'all in one bundle' offered at a competitive price too. He did also mention each one would cost an extra $25 a month, but that is not confirmed.

3. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

Quote: " I believe that the 'Master Collection' gives people a chance to purchase outright all of the new tools coming for a single price, without having to pay a subscription. "

Answer: " Why not have these options available all the time just like they do with their Subscription Plans? It's real simple here... If certain users cannot afford the "Full-Paid-License" then they can choose the Subscription Plan method to get BuildBox 2 and/or BuildBox 3. And for those that can afford the "Full-Paid-License" of BuildBox Master Collection 2.0 or whatever other product that they would have available to choose from. Then let them do that then. "

The point here is to have these options available all the time for current and new customers alike. Not just have them come up occasionally only when Team BuildBox decides to run a special as if it was a seasonal / limited item only!

Quote: "
    Trey did mention that there will be a variety of subscription models for use to pick from once all the software goes live with an 'all in one bundle' offered at a competitive price too. He did also mention each one would cost an extra $25 a month, but that is not confirmed. "

Answer: Once again... You are only mentioning one single option here available and that is Subscription Based Plans!! Not everyone is going to be thrilled particularly with the Subscription Payment Model. I for one do NOT like taking on a new monthly Bill along with all my other monthly Bills. I HATE the Subscription Based Model for payments for exactly this very reason here! I would rather just pay a Single License Fee and be done with it totally!!! This is why I said that Team BuildBox needs to have Full-Paid-Licenses available as well in addition to their Subscription Payment Model on a regular bases all the time as options to their existing and future customers here.

4. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Im pretty sure if you reach out to support and ask to purchase Buildbox out-right they'll do it. You may not get Master Collection but you'll get a Full Paid License.
    Yes, I do agree that everyone should have the option on the payment page to purchase Subscription or Permanent license.

DrWho likes this.
  5. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

I did reach out to BuildBox once before and asked them if I could buy a Full-Paid-License to the Master Collection 2.0 and they said they couldn't do that until' it became available again. And this is exactly my case & point here! If the BuildBox team would have all their products available to their existing and future customers all the time they could and would increase more sales by having these options available to their existing & future customers all the time. Not just on a seasonal / Limited basis like they have done in the past and even now coming this wednesday with the Master Collection 2.0 being Re-Opened again. There has been multiple times I have the $2,675.00 amount for the Full-Paid-License at different times but that option wasn't available to me on BuildBox's site at the time of I would of been able to make a full purchase then. But the only time that this option is available is on an occasional / Seasonal / Limited Time basis just like now again coming wednesday. And this is my entire argument and point here on availability all the time to their existing & future customers.

6. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

The BB team would have to offer discounts to people who have already been paying each month by subscription, for 1 year or 2 (2275$, are 2 years of subscription).
    There have been discounts of 50% of the price, to people who buy the license of BB1, BB2 o MC1.
    Probably in the future, the different programs of MC2, can be purchased by subscription, but have already made about 3 times the MC2 offer, and have not modified any of the price or subscription options, so it is very difficult change your mind.
    Whether you are to create games or create other audiovisual content, MC2 offers good tools, very easy to use, except for the high price.

7. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

@ jcalle - I quite agree! Just would be nice if the BuildBox team would have all there products available all the time on a regular basis just like the Subscription Plans method on the customer's time frame with the additional payment options instead of the lack-luster Limited Promotional offer periods like they only run occasionally which sucks in my honest opinion!

jcalle likes this.
  8. JD888

JD888 Boxer

To each their own, I'm not too concerned about monthly fees, I'm concerned about the total end price, and monthly fees keep them encouraged to come out with future updates..

With today's promo it just doesn't seem worth it upgrading from BB indie at $35 month to $2675 lifetime. That is about 6 years worth of BB indie at the monthly price to get the extra software much of which isn't particularly useful when working on 3D games. I'd rather pay a monthly fee for Voxelbox if it were reasonable enough.

9. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

So if I bought the "Master Collection 2.0" 8 months ago then it's the same as this one, so nothing knew, would that be right. Not sure why they want me to buy it again ???

10. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

@JD888 - Quote" To each their own, I'm not too concerned about monthly fees, I'm concerned about the total end price, and monthly fees keep them encouraged to come out with future updates.. "

As you said, To each their own.. Not everyone is going to be happy-go-luckly and want to pay a regular monthly Bill 'Subscription Plan method' like you do. I personally would rather have that extra $35.00 in my pocket every month for other much needed things that putting it on some software that may or may not help you achieve a hit game to get back your returns over the many months or years that you had put out in paying on this software on a regular monthly basis! Paying in a One-Shot for 'Full-Paid-License' is much better in my honest opinion and still get the upgrades to the software without any additional cost. it's something to think about!

@JD888 - Quote "
    With today's promo it just doesn't seem worth it upgrading from BB indie at $35 month to $2675 lifetime. "

That is your opinion sir! There is alot of other people that would argue with you on that matter for a Lifetime Full-Paid-License with lifetime upgrades to the software and special discounts possibly?!

@JD888 - Quote "
    That is about 6 years worth of BB indie at the monthly price to get the extra software much of which isn't particularly useful when working on 3D games. "

Yes, most of the software in the Master Collection 2.0 is more focused towards 2D game development. So on that argument you have that valid point! However though, for those that want a complete package for primarily developing mostly 2D games this is an awesome development package and worth the license fee that is being asked. It just would be nice if the BuildBox team would have this product as well as their future others available on a regular basis like they do with their Subscription based Plans and on the customer's time and not restricted on a lack-luster limited promotion that goes away and returns every 6 to 8 months or so which is ridiculous to me!!!

@JD888 - Quote "
    I'd rather pay a monthly fee for Voxelbox if it were reasonable enough. "

From my understand that software will be roughly around $25.00 a month under there current Subscription Plan method. And i believe they plan to do the same for the other 3 software title as well. But the prices might be diferent I don't know?!

11. DrWho

DrWho Avid Boxer

@wayne_martell - Quote " So if I bought the "Master Collection 2.0" 8 months ago then it's the same as this one, so nothing knew, would that be right. Not sure why they want me to buy it again ??? "

The only software that appears to be new is the 'AnimationBox 2' & ' SoundBox 2'.. Unless you count BuildBox 3 which is 3D ofcourse!
    But if you had already purchased the Master Collection previously you should automatically receive updates to the newer softwares since you would have the Full-Paid-License for Life!

12. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I totally agree! Soundbox, Animationbox and all of it should separate plans and full license deals. Right now I'm making a game with an artist and he really wants me to get Game Maker Studio for $99 but then we can't even publish to mobile devices with just that you have to buy other plans with it. Reason he want's in more then anything is cause then he wouldn't have to make all the Animations he could just simply use the spine. Buuuuuut if buildbox had a payment plan for Animationbox or a one time payment fee, I wouldn't be having this issue and could just be like well theres this for this much and we can still publish to mobile and Steam. It all only makes sense.

13. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Yea I would love a list of items to choose from...and an appropriate pricing.

But...not my company.