Buildbox Game Is Stolen On Ios

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by jonhsmithha9, Jun 29, 2016.

1. jonhsmithha9

jonhsmithha9 Boxer

Hi everybody,
    I discover that game make with BuildBox is Stolen on iOS. This is a critical security issue. When other guy can get your game (ipa file) then change package ID, ads ID, icon,.. and submit on their store.

This is some Ketchapp games make with BuildBox was be stolen:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ball-jump-game/id1121014456?mt=8 (Ball Jump)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bounce-game/id1123417511?mt=8 (Bounce)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phases-2-game/id1123560654?mt=8 (Phases)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-line-zen-2/id1123605349?mt=8 (The Line Zen)
    and from Fortafy Game
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crossy-rolling-sky-game-switch/id1127435779?mt=8 (Color Switch version 1)
    and more ...

I see that all games on these Store are stolen game. I don't know why they are still available and don't being banned by Apple. You can check this by download games, play them Or get ipa file by iTune and extract it you will see loading screen or title of Ketchapp and Fortafy company in resource.
    So, anyone or BuildBox suggest some way to protect BuilBox game from this?

Qdeveloper and Ishamahes like this.
  2. Marketsourcecode

Marketsourcecode Boxer

Well, i saw online ball jump or bounce source so they can be duplicate easily, the fact is that publisher didn't change anything and this is illegal. It can be done also in android apps. The only thing you can do is to write to apple store support or to original developer

jonhsmithha9 likes this.
  3. jonhsmithha9

jonhsmithha9 Boxer

This is truly that they can get your ipa file and change package ID, ads ID from your BuildBox game then submit to their store. My game has been stolen and I force them get it off. But other stolen games still on and Apple don't care that.

4. Marketsourcecode

Marketsourcecode Boxer

Same on GPlay sir, i think on the other hand that reskin an apk or ipa is difficult with buildbox apps because of atlases that have exact collision shape to respect. Thieves cannot reskin them easily so i think buildbox apps are safe because you can easily catch copy of your game on store and contact support.

5. jonhsmithha9

jonhsmithha9 Boxer

They not reskin your app. They get exactly your app, and just change package ID. This is happen with apk file before and then with ipa file on iOS. I don't know how they can do it but I focus that only BuildBox game is stolen.

6. Marketsourcecode

Marketsourcecode Boxer

Really, they dont change logo in screen? Well i see now .... and i know the reason...you are right.
    Very easy to do but very easy to be found and banned. Someone risk a 99$ dev account on apple store for pennies of revenue

7. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

8. jonhsmithha9

jonhsmithha9 Boxer

Yes, I has reported my game to Apple Store and when that guy remove stolen game from store, their account still alive. I don't know what Apple Store thinking. They has stolen games but their account still alive.

Deliverbo likes this.
  9. jonhsmithha9

jonhsmithha9 Boxer

10. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@jonhsmithha9 I'm pretty sure I cannot do that. It basically says that its possible to reverse engineer the games back to bbdocs - something like that. You can send a DMCA to take it down or just contact apple/google.

11. jonhsmithha9

jonhsmithha9 Boxer

I just want to know how they can do that, so I can protect my next game from this. I also hope Apple will ban all account like this. If you could, please send me some screenshot of this private page via email jonhsmithha9@gmail.com. Thanks!

12. Marketsourcecode

Marketsourcecode Boxer

I think you can't protect it, from apk or ipa to bbdoc is impossible, change some things of apk such as package , assets & so on is possible, don't know anything of .ipa but i suppose it is possible to change main parameters

13. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@jonhsmithha9 The thread doesn't show the process to reverse engineer and even if it did, I'm sure the staff would remove it.
    Even if you did know you wouldn't be able to protect it. If the founder of Buildbox can't do it, what makes you think you can? Unless you're going to hire a programmer of course, but I'm sure that would be difficult and really expensive.

Marketsourcecode likes this.
  14. jonhsmithha9

jonhsmithha9 Boxer

I'm a programmer, so I can research about that.

Deliverbo likes this.
  15. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I'm still looking forward for any protection solution for iOS/Android apps, Any updates @Andy @TreySmith for this matter ?

Nick H likes this.
  16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I don't have any update to share yet on this.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  17. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I am actually a computer security researcher as my main job, and although I do not want to share any details in here or elsewhere how it is done for obvious reasons. But I can tell you that although BuildBox is awesome I am not impressed with this part of it. Having said that there is no 100% software protection. Nobody on this planet was ever be able to make an unbreakable copy protection and a program that is impossible to reverse engineer. All you can do is to harden your stuff, to slow down bad guys enough so that you can make money for yourself and well, live with the fact that they will eventually copy your stuff but at least they cannot make real damage on your monetization efforts...

And btw that is the reason why software and game manufacturers are desperately looking for cloud and streamed solutions, where code is running on a cloud and is inaccessible to the user, even if playing with the game. But till that comes to the reality we have to live on what we have got and ask forgiveness for the lost sheep.