Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ZackGriset, Mar 28, 2018.
This would be great.
Only One question when will this features be enabled .This thread is being filled with lot of ideas
I have a feature request to Buildbox Team @TreySmith .If possible kindly add analytic code on upcoming updates.i.e Game Analytics and facebook analytics apart from those advertisement tabs in buildbox.
Its not for pitching to some top publisher but it would be useful for small indie developers too i.e to understand users .I used these recently for my games and found it useful.
Every time after exporting source code for android and ios its a tedious process to add these code on every update manually.If we are programming then its okay as that would be a process But since buildbox is a drag and drop software which enables developers not to waste time programming complex code and feeling frustrated when things doesn't turn as desired after long coding .This software really helps to make games saving those long process.So it would be better or an apt idea to include analytics code to this beautiful software
@TreySmith @Andy @ZackGriset We have missed an opportunity where we hit the retention criteria for the publisher but as we all are aware the game requires further more updates once it is released, we were asked the game to port into unity before they publish it and it was a very tough call to once again go back and develop the entire game into scratch in unity even if we had a complete polished buildbox product. So this is the most important call for all of the boxers here. Unfortunately we had to let go as we weren't able to let know our decision to them. So I believe we really don't want to miss future opportunities and just hoping back that BB 3 won't set any limitation for us. We simply want to stick to buildbox for years and never want to switch to unity due to limitations. We are a big fan of buildbox and we certainly enjoy creating and implementing unique ideas within this. But we really want to see it something that a publisher will undoubtedly move ahead with a deal. I hope this is really something important that you will take into consideration
To be able to reset licences from your account is a must. I have an error telling me I have reached max system limit even though I have the installation only on one machine. I now have to email support and await a reply for this to be sorted.
Implement Nodes logic on BB2 for 2D games!
I would love to see a main menu ui. plz
Buildbox is the fastest growing game engine that I never seen before and It given the opportunity to make people’s dream into reality. Even I was shocked when I heard about buildbox.
The only thing were people gets stuck usually is at the stage of launching.You’ve guide exactly from starting to end, but I think there is little bit of lack at the stage of launching.For freshers it’s very hard to learn the launching stage.You need to give some full detail about this topic.
1. Make a video on “How to integrate Facebook SDK in android studio”
2. Make a video on “What is the exact procedure for launching our game”
3. Make a video on “What are the things to keep in mind while giving games to publishers”
4. Make a video on “Who actually publish a game, Developer or Publisher”
5. Make a video on “What is the role of publishers and developer”
6. Make a video on “How to deal with publishers”
1. Why do we need developer account?
2. What publisher actually take from developer?
3. Is it necessary to open Apple Developer account or Google Developer account is enough?
4. Can publisher release a game that developer made?
5. If we have only Google Developer account then Publisher can release game on both platform?
6. How to do test flight?
I just want to say you people are awesome and I hope you will understand.
1 - Html 5 export or WebGl export
2 - Switch and others (xbox, playstation...) export
3 - offline BBox
1. integrate spine 2d by esotericsoftware
2. make a transform logic for the character
3. add better animation tools for UI animations, like copy paste keys, and the ability to have each object have its own time line. so you can loop some things and not others. so if you wanted to make cut scenes for example.
4. more video's to show some creative thinking on how things are built for one purpose but used for another.
How about copy/paste values. I find I am repeating things such as position, rotation, scale and opacity, be nice to copy all of these values at once, and just paste it to an object on another scene.
plz help me sir my game
plz help me sir my is working on only android 7.1 and below not on 8.0 and above plz reply
another feature to request, when editing collision shapes, please add the ability to select edges!
another cool features would be the ability to nest the objects on "hierarchy" in similar way as Unity or as BB3 and the ability to search for a specific type of object by name so we can cleanup "all the coins from a scene"
Another one would be the ability to zoom in and out (camera control) on BB2
I'd love to see the following:
- Vector (SVG) support
- Spine 2D integration
- A cell shader for 3D
- More flexibility as far as actions and triggers but it looks like some of this may be addressed in version 3
is there anyone who can tell me how to integrate latest heyzap sdk?
Hi, I would love to see a 'save state' action! The current set checkpoint system only saves the scene I am on, not the current state of the game. By doing this we could easily apply multiple choice upgrade paths to our characters by actually saving the action animation in the current game state, so that when a player exits and reopens the app, their upgrades are still there. This would also open up many different game styles for such a small change as well as more monetization strategies.
The current methods for upgrading your character on Buildbox are:
1) Making extra characters acting as the upgrades - Multiple characters are made with the same design but with the added design of upgrades. The upgrades are then made available through character select. The problem with this is that you can only have one linear set of upgrades and no multiple choice as you can only choose one character at a time, so in other words your upgrades will not stack unless you want one set of upgrades for the player.
2) Using action animations as upgrades - Somewhat complicated, but this is how I have been successfully making multiple choice upgrades. I have a UI for the upgrades with multiple upgrade paths. Each upgrade path has various upgrades a player can buy with in game points (coins). The player has the freedom to choose which upgrade they want, based on the points that they have. All of the upgrades are purchasable actions that place the animation on the screen. For me, the first upgrade I made was an item that generated upgrade points every 30 seconds. To do this, I opened the action animation, placed a picture of a sunflower, and placed 3 action spawners (This can be done) behind the sunflower for every 30 seconds. So if a player chose that upgrade, the flower would appear on the screen and every 30 seconds they would gain upgrade points. This worked perfectly, it worked so smoothly I was impressed. I had finally discovered how to do multiple choice upgrades, I was ecstatic. Unfortunately though, you cannot currently have a save progress for this type of game, because once you load the checkpoint it restarts back to the start scene, losing all upgrades and ongoing actions.
I think a save state would be really beneficial to the people who play the games that we make and could revolutionize Buildbox. Other examples of benefits from a save state are; picking up where you left on a platformer game, being able to make purchasable upgrades with IAP's, being able to mod a car on a driving game. Inventories where you can hold multiple items like keys and special weapons.
Thanks for reading, all the best
Heyzap no longer exists as it is now part of "fyber". I'm not sure if you can integrate Fyber on to Buildbox, I think this is being looked into.
Separate names with a comma.