Buildbox Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ZackGriset, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

Fit to "auto zoom out as far as possible"

2. oxsionsoft

oxsionsoft Boxer

A few more interesting additions for the "Advanced Move" option.

1) Ability to disable the collision form. For example. If in an animation you use physical objects that themselves have the form of collisions. Why an additional form of collision for physical objects that already have this form of collision? This causes confusion. In the scene appear unnecessary forms of collisions. Therefore, you can include a checkpoint that will turn off the collision form.

2) Add an event for the collision form. This can have two variants.
    - The first variant has the parameters as it is now. When an object changes its animation and form after interaction.
    - The second variant is variable. When an object changes its animation and form of collisions, only at the moment of interaction (those. come into contact with each other). This will significantly expand the range of interactions for objects and characters.

[​IMG]

3. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

I think we should have the node system in a future 2.x.x update

covmon likes this.
  4. ismyhc

ismyhc Boxer

Unless i've completely missed it there seems to be no option to set altas/image scaling to nearest neighbor for sharp edges. This makes pixel art style games much more difficult. Just coming back to try buildbox after a year or so from using the trial and surprised this feature has yet to be implemented.

1. Nearest neighbor filtering for pixel art.
    2. Post processing effects / shaders
    3. The ability to add a profile avatar on the forum :)

comicsmathias likes this.
  5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Would be useful to have some sort of locking mechanism in place for the Scene Timeline to ensure aligned or random scenes are not adjusted in error :)
    (c) @ZackGriset

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  6. yenomeerf

yenomeerf Boxer

Auto hide background image(s). ;)

Add pop up tool tips - when you hover mouse over something like
    Object Deletion Threshold
    or
    Velocity Drag

and want to know what that does. MmmKay

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Tom King and 5petersonzachary like this.
  7. maol03

maol03 Boxer

It would be cool if there was an option to randomly multiply by -1 on the angular velocity and on the rotation, to not having to duplicate the scene to make a rotating object in the opposite direction. :)

8. yenomeerf

yenomeerf Boxer

Having multiple projects open at same time and being able to cut / paste images/ settings or move worlds into other projects would be nice.

9. covmon

covmon Boxer

You can make your own randomizer by creating a new world with an attached UI that covers up the world. In the world, put as many levels as you need. Each scene will have a menu jump that takes the player to a certain other world/UI. Make sure the world is set to "randomized" and also that the start level is really short (just a few pixels). That way, as soon as the game enters the randomizer world, the character will hit the menu jump of whatever level is chosen first and proceed to that new UI/world.

mxvision and Jackazoid like this.
  10. covmon

covmon Boxer

Also I will say that I know BB3 is going to be great and all and much more powerful, but I agree that adding the node system with the ability to do custom scripting would be super helpful, even in a 2D game. BB3 is expensive, even for existing BB2 customers, so adding a little more powerful functionality to BB2 would be amazing.

jerry and AndyG like this.
  11. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

String localization is badly needed and I am really surprised it is not supported since this is one of the number one rules every app/game should have if you want success in the International market, without it your customers have no idea what you are offering.
    This is fairly simple. BB already uses Labels, give us the string variables to each label, which then allows localization easily using Xcode, Eclipse and Android Studio. It already is there, as I said, since BB is using Labels for text, meaning variables are already assigned. Just make those same variables visible to the BB user and we can then Localize.
    This is a super important feature and as I said, frankly I can't believe BB hasn't already done this since localization is mentioned in your own blogs, YouTube videos and really every where else when you research app/game marketing essentials. This should have been available from day one.
    This one feature alone could propel many games to a market not realized. Without this feature you will probably never be showcased in an AppStore and for sure you have closed off that chance in the International market.

12. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

Well, the following features can be added to BuildBox:
    1. Export to Play Station, XBox, Linux.
    2. Directly upload to the AppStore or the Google Play Store.
    3. Add custom variables.
    4. Multiplayer
    5. Ability to make VR games.
    That's all. :)

13. micdune

micdune Boxer

That and not being able to do any proper achievement are big shortcomings in bbox.

I had a thought about the event observer and unlock character logic pieces. Would it be possible in a coming update to create a new logic that would combine them? Something like this mockup:

[​IMG]

This would prove pretty handy for unlocking characters based on score/distance easily, without having to deal with multiple ui swaps. Not as good as proper achievements but still that would be an improvement of the general flow.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  14. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I'd like to see an audio mute button inside the Preview window alongside the Debug and Screenshot icons.
    That would allow me to mute all game sounds but still keep audio on my system otherwise Im forced to hit the mute button inside the game everytime I restart. Please and thank you :)

Tom King and jerry like this.
  15. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

That would be awesome @AndyG. I'm always deleting audio to of ui or turning off my system sound when testing sometimes.

AndyG likes this.
  16. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Have a 2-step validation system, such as Google Authenticator, or write a code that is sent to the mail, and be able to work offline for at least 8 hours until you request a new code again.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Much simpler:
    Export your proyect = online.
    Working as much as you want = offline.

Zyl, ThinkSimple, Benfont and 4 others like this.
  18. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Brilliant. Boom! Done!
    +1

19. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

Export games to HTML5.

Benfont likes this.
  20. ThinkSimple

ThinkSimple Boxer

Create your own currencies,coins,points etc. and set them as score type.
    So that we do not only have distance,points and coins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.