Buildbox Feature Request!!!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Starman, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

So I was making a game today, and I wanted to experiment different graphic styles. I make all my game graphics inside illustrator, it worked fine, but I have to export the graphics in illustrator, locate the folder, drag it into Buildbox and resize. This process may sound simple but it can get VERY ANNOYING when you have to do it over and over for each graphic:confused: So what I would hope to see in Buildbox is a built in vector editor like illustrator, but maybe a little bit simpler and without all the ready made graphics like Pixelbox. Where we can do the whole process inside Buildbox and try them in our games instantly then export them into pngs afterward. There can be a switch to change between vector mode and game editor mode :)

Hope to get a response from @Andy :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Something like this would not happen until after BB3 at the earliest, Vector support is definitely something that we have not made a decision on.

Starman likes this.
  3. noahcdesign

noahcdesign Avid Boxer

I think it would be cool just to have a feature that lets you drag vector art from illustrator directly into buildbox. You can do that in photoshop for example. But I think this could be way more complicated than it sounds :D

Starman likes this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I would just like there to be support for more file types....not just png.....if possible.

5. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

6. micdune

micdune Boxer

I had a thought about the event observer and unlock character logic pieces. Would it be possible in a coming update to create a new logic that would combine them? Something like this mockup:
    upload_2018-4-22_16-48-48.png

This would prove pretty handy for unlocking characters based on score/distance easily, without having to deal with multiple ui swaps. Not as good as proper achievements but still that would be an improvement of the general flow.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018