Buildbox Crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Formuzal, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Formuzal

Formuzal Boxer

I'm using Windows 10
    EVERY 1 MIN its just CRASHING
    I lost my money and just wasting time with this shit guys!!! WHY ITS EVERY TIME CRASHING
    FIX THIS CRASH, every new update its crashing MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE! STOP THIS SHIT

2. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

Man up, don't need to act like that.. I'm also on windows 10 and BB doesn't crash anymore. Contact support@buildbox.com

Formuzal and Christoph like this.
  3. Formuzal

Formuzal Boxer

Look, my settings were like this upload_2016-7-4_11-23-54.png
    upload_2016-7-4_11-25-29.png

After it crashed, Looks like this.
    upload_2016-7-4_11-22-48.png
    upload_2016-7-4_11-25-8.png
    Also in the game there are just balls, but bb changed them on triangles, JUST HOW
    tell me HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE, HOW???????? I wasted about 2 weeks now it crashed after relaunch its all looks like i provided on screens...

4. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

These kind of things happen to other people too, that's why you need to back up every couple of minutes, like save1.bbdoc, save2.bbdoc.

Formuzal likes this.
  5. Formuzal

Formuzal Boxer

Are you kidding me? for what did I pay? and no one said me that before so I ddint know

Nick H likes this.
  6. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

If I'm correct, you had 1 crash in 2 weeks. Back up your files, and next time when it happens again, you can open your latest saved file and continue to work on your game. Buildbox is not a multi billion dollar company, and they don't have hundreds of programmers working on the software. Things keep getting better like releasing more updates. Search the forum for other threads related to crashes.

Formuzal likes this.
  7. Formuzal

Formuzal Boxer

You are not correct, I had more than 50 crashes at all, also I dont care who are they(construct 2 also not a multi billion company, but its not crashing!), I just paid 2600 USD for what? to get a game maker software, which wont crash and will work correctly without crash, every time its just crashing and crashing and I cant even use it, because of crashes, sometimes its crashing when i pressing just SAVE. Why should I search threads about crashing, they wont help me,I'm just wanna ask developers to UPDATE THIS BB, FIX this CRASH

8. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Understand your unhappiness.
    But, sometimes there is a reason why its crashing.
    I my self don't have any crashes.
    Not sure on your case, but there are multiple reasons for BB crashing.
    One sure reason for a crash is having an object/image in a scene, then deleting from the left side objects list. And not deleting it in the scene first, BB gets confused because its in the scene and not the atlases and crashes.
    If your using bb2 and have things linked incorrectly it will crash.
    You could try starting a new project and see if it continues to crash, without adding any new objects, just continue building on the examples provided.
    If it crashes then its BB, if that doesn't Crash then its something you have set up, or done incorrectly.
    Sometimes its just a stupid little thing we have done incorrectly that causes it to crash.
    Send your bbdoc to support and see if they can find the cause.
    As i said i understand your unhappiness, i have had the problem before but turned out to be the things i mentioned.

Formuzal likes this.
  9. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Looks like the atlas/s have messed up, try optimise and rebuild, back up before obviously.

Formuzal and playsgames6666 like this.
  10. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@Formuzal I understand your frustration, crashing is annoying. Having said that there are couple of things you should do if you work with any kind if software and hardware:
    1. Always make backups - your hard disk can fail, your operating system can fail, a malware can delete your data, a ransom ware can encrypt your data and then demanding money to decrypt etc... So just make backups, and do it regularly, cheaper and safer than anything else
    2. Do not upgrade software on your production machine, especially right before a release - Update can fail. And will fail. Do the update on a different machine and fully test it. If all ok, then you can update, but even then do not do it right before release
    3. Save your documents often while editing - Even with Word I hit Ctrl-S every minutes or so. Word does not crash these days but it did many years ago. It is just a good habit to have, and in case of BuildBox it is a very good habit...
    4. If there is settings for regular save and versioning then use it - Word has these, BuildBox unfortunately does not. BuildBox has a crash recovery option but in my experience that does not work very well
    5. Use external tools to do the auto save and versioning/backup - There are tools for Windows and Mac that eliminates hitting the Ctrl-S manually and to create versioned backups (for this latter I just use TimeMachine on Mac)

Deliverbo and Formuzal like this.
  11. Formuzal

Formuzal Boxer

Done, now its working fine, If u had same LAGGS idk how to name it
    Open ur BB file via RAR
    And delete some pics from here upload_2016-7-4_14-56-22.png
    THATS ALL, its working fine for me!!!!

Qdeveloper likes this.
  12. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I'm living with this too on windows 10, I understand your frustration, This also with many software even unity3d and Game Maker Studio have ruined a lot of projects I'm working on, What BuildBox missing as a way to backup the project in better way, Better to use XML Folder style structures instead of the compressed single file.

13. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Backup is nothing to do with this, but to be able to use source control like git, svn, mercurial, perforce or any other similar system would be really great. I am doing the extraction manually for that reason...

Qdeveloper likes this.