Buildbox Beta 1 Inquiry (for Research)

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Bilz636, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

HI Boxers
    I have a really quick questions about Buildbox 3D Beta 1. I know its just a beta 1 so we can expects some crashes, bugs & errors but my point is that are there many bugs or well optimized?

1. Did you get what they show in advertisement? (some of old customers know what i mean here lol)

2. Is it stable for you?

3. Is it running smooth and charm into your system? ( please share your system specifications with us).
    4. Is game working fine into Android (APK) and iOS if someone has tested?

5. is the process of compile game into APK and iOS same as Buildbox 2.3.6?

6. I know this BB3 is awesome by itself. But lets be more honest here by USER EXPERIENCE How you will rate it by scale of 0-10 and why?

Please note, this is only for research and user feedbacks,
    I do not mean to hurt brand, company or someone else. We are old and very loyal customers since GameAcademy (Project Mayham). We have no word to explain how magical tool they have created. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING OUR DREAM TRUE :)

2. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

It is running fine. There are some quirks obviously. I had issues with drag and drop mesh imports not registering and I had to replace a mesh on an existing object first, and then it worked as it should.

Complex collision shapes just don't work yet and will lead to crashes. I think they know this because they left out the collision shapes in the Deep Fly preset. I can't add a tube collision shape with out it crashing during preview mode when a collision happens.

The UI stuff is really strange in that it looks like they just copied and pasted BB2 into it. Why would joystick and other buttons still be in there? Also, you can drag 3D objects into the UI and they turn into buttons. Weird.

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

For being 1st Beta it's great. Can you make a complete game yet? Sure. Will it crash here and there? Sure. Will you have to figure out workarounds? Sure. However, the fact they are planning faster updates as we go means these first few weeks we should start learning and buikding. Experimenting. Then as updates release, inch close to polishing and perfecting whatever we are making. I've done a few things with it and could totally export an ios release. But I would rather wait for updates so I can not only perfect my creations but make sure it's fully optimized for a store release. Take this time and PLAY and LEARN.

Rebel Studios likes this.
  4. timmo26

timmo26 Boxer

I can't seem to access nodes, is this because it isn't activated yet or am i doing something wrong.

Following the tutorials doesn't seem to bring up the same options for adding physics etc to my objects any assistance would be most welcome

5. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

I love it it's just in my game there seems to be like 100 different physics bugs.

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

To access Nodes, go in game, then on left under character or objects, double click one. Then it opens all nodes within that character or object. Then you click each node to edit or add new nodes via menu on left. Yellow nodes you can double click and edit their code.

7. nayeem

nayeem Boxer

Hi, my client bought me a license of BB3D today. I am having a issue, I can't export for android. the android option isn't working. Here is a image file, please let me know why. NOTE: I am using windows 10, and the buildbox license is plus for one month.

Attached Files:

8. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

@nayeem There is currently no android export or Windows/Mac/Steam as this is only Beta 1. Android export and ad support is expected in Beta 2 which is hopefully going to be released by the end of next week.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  9. Dud

Dud Boxer

I just bought Buildbox on the strength of your promotion for BuildBox 3 - but even though its a beta product I think you should make it clear that Android export is not available yet as that is the feature I wanted.

10. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

@Dud Android export should be in Beta two coming this week.

CyCo Dev likes this.
  11. CyCo Dev

CyCo Dev Boxer

Im having an issue also with some physics stuff, such as invisible collision areas which arnt there but still affect the character etc? which I have no clue how to fix yet but trying a work around, BB3 beta 1 so far has been great and beta 2 should be great!

12. i.am.ulas

i.am.ulas Boxer

Running smooth on my windows pc and however it can not be exported for android studio and there are some problems about nodes and scripting. BB 2.3.6 was great stable for those problems. Android export is realy important. Hope to see Beta 2 is soon..