Buildbox 3 Worries

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by thatguyminib, Dec 12, 2017.

1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Hey everyone! I am pretty new to the community, just subbed about two or three days ago. Loving BB2 so far and super excited about BB3.

I am scared though, mainly because of what I have been hearing about the issues of 2.3. Now, of course, every new update should be approached with caution. Always back up your files and all that jazz. Thing is it sounds like they just need more testers and people that are willing to put each iteration to the test and push it to its limits.

My main worry is that most of the active people on here that should probably be testing BB3 beta as soon as possible, mainly because they use BB software on the daily, could not get MC2 and will not be able to get into BB3 beta at the soonest time in order to push it to its limits and report as many bugs or issues as they possibly can.

I just hope that when BB3 releases a majority of the bugs will be found and figured out. Of course, BB is great when it comes to helping the community with any and all issues that come up when using BB, but that could be a huge turn off for new people coming in just for BB3 and possibly people coming back to give BB another try.

Like I said this may just be my worries but I feel that BB3 could be a huge game changer and when us subs finally get access to the beta you best be sure I will be pushing it to its limits and reporting any and all bugs/issues that I may find.

2. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

@thatguyminib Thanks for the post and sharing your thoughts.

Having a large scale first beta release is a bad idea for many reasons. We need a smaller group to use the software so we can test stability, workflow options, and user efficiency. It would be unmanageable and very chaotic to go with the wide release approach on the first beta of our first 3D software.

The MC2.0 customers who will be testing BB3 first will be some of our most active users, though not necessarily our most active forum members. Most of these customers are people with growing game businesses who were in a subscription and are upgrading to MC2.0. This is definitely not an inexperienced group.

As soon as we have a solid option available that we feel is ready for a much bigger audience, we will release it. This will be months before the final product is released and we expect to have a very long subscriber beta period.

3. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

@Buildbox thank you very much for the reply and it is good to know that some MC2 users are very active in using the software. I also can't wait to get my hands on it to help improve the product as much as possible. I for one will be tearing into the javascript side of things trying to push it to its limits XD.

I want to also create a tutorial series on it as well, at least when that is allowed, in order to spread the word about BB3 and hopefully help some people out.

4. NemoPiXL

NemoPiXL Boxer

my worries are more about the support , I've been sending lots of emails with no reply!
    SoundBox link for MAC doesn't work in my email .
    I've been asking about the presets , no answers ...

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Support normally gets back to you in 24-48 hours. The sales support normally even faster. Not sure why this isn’t the case.

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Private message me or @theseanjonathanconnor with the email address you use to mail support so I can look it up. You should be getting a reply via support between 24-48 hours at this point. Support is quite busy due to the launch. Normally response is under 24 hours.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  7. NemoPiXL

NemoPiXL Boxer

I just woke up and I saw the email :) , thanks for your answer @Andy I will next time .