Buildbox 3 Vs Construct 3

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Adolfo Alamo, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Adolfo Alamo

Adolfo Alamo Boxer

Hi Guys,
    I am about to purchase a game platform, but I am confuse which one to get, Buildbox or Construct. I am new on game development so I want something easy and fun to work with. I read that buildbox only offered clone templates, is that true? Is the Indi plan sufficient to start or I need the pro option because offer unlimited everything?please I need some help to make my decision?

Cheers,

AppNasty likes this.
  2. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

I went basic and almost within a single night determined I needed to go pro BB...to limited in what they allow...if you want to get your feet wet go basic...to get a feel of the software but don’t expect to release a game from basic. Right now BB2 I will say it a GREAT tool. I’ve tinkered with construct...BB is better...however I am still very disappointed with BB3....so....BB is better...go basic...try it out. If you like it then...go pro to get the full benefit of BB. If even then you don’t like it...I have found BB support to be VERY understanding and happy to cut ties if it turns out not to be right for you.

As far as having to use templates...no...you CAN make many games from scratch.

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Buildbox for sure. Faster learning curve and you can put out a game in a week. Now, this doesn't mean clone ball template games. BB got that rep because those are the easiest to make and that's what MOST users did. But a lot of us actually make unique full on VIDEO GAMES. Right now, in BB3, I'm building an adventure game. First Person minecraft style. Sword and all. If there is a function in BB3 you want but it doesn't have, hit the forums and likely you will either find it to import in as a node or asset, or someone will make it for you. OR bb devs will add it in next update. In a nutshell, People have become millionaires from BB. Simple ball bounce games to complete adventure games. Ive been using BB for 3 years only last week started playing with BB3 instead of BB2 and ive picked up on how to use it in 1 night.

If you choose Construct...which is a great engine, you will be spending the next several months learning. Its a much longer learning curve. The fact BB3 uses javascript coding, BB3 has everything you would need. My suggestion no matter which you buy, start with those stupid ball clone templates. Rework one to be unique and fun and release it. Try to get money flowing in from something quick and easy to make BUT new with your own twist. THEN you can sink that money back into game design or whatever. Step 1 Step 2 Step 3. I own Construct and BB and i don't use construct anymore.....if that says anything lol.

Jaro and itzonator like this.
  4. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

The most important thing here is to find the right development tool for you and what you're comfortable with and go with that and learn it well. Then you will be pumping out good games in no time.. ;)

5. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

The one thing I hate about BB is not HTML export for games, where construct 3 is based on it !

6. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

I think their reasoning for this is that their line of products are developed and focused on mainly mobile app development and not HTML5 web development. Just my personal thoughts and opinions on this though. Clickteam Fusion 2.5 has HTML 5 export ability which I also use from time to time along with BuildBox 3.