Buildbox 3 Suggestions

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Coyowl, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

Hello Boxers,

I have been using Buildbox a year now and I already have 3 published and featured games. I really like the software and the workflow so far. I've seen some of the new features of Buildbox 3 and I am really excited about the future of Buildbox :) But I've also seen that Buildbox 3 is not a rewrite of Buildbox from scratch, it's the Buildbox we know but with some really cool major new features (3D capabilities, node system and more).
    Since I've been using it for a while now I would like to offer my suggestions/concerns to the Buildbox team.

Offline editing
    I never understood the reason why Buildbox is forcing us to be online all the times while we edit a project. I've lost hours of work because my internet disconnects or because there is a spike on my internet speed. Sometimes when it disconnects, it asks if I want to save my project but most of the times it doesn't, resulting in losing hours of work. Also, it's really annoying while traveling as it's sometimes difficult to find a hotspot. Of course its understandable to require internet connection while exporting a project but why does it have to be connected all the time?

Bugs
    As you are already aware, there are lots of bugs in Buildbox. I know the devs are working really hard to fix them and they've done a good job so far but still there are lots of bugs that are causing crashes, and object - sprite associations. I am really worried about adding so many features on top of a software that hasn't already fixed all previous bugs.

I would appreciate if I could have an official response about this matter from @TreySmith or @Andy :)

Thanks for reading

2. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

I hope they reply!

wcgames likes this.
  3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Everyone requests Offline mode, but to avoid hacking, you need to be connected to the Internet at all times.

All requests can be requested in the corresponding Subforum.
    http://buildbox.com/forum/index.php?forums/feature-request-customers-only.23/

4. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

I am aware of the subforum, but here more people can get involved :)

"but to avoid hacking, you need to be connected to the internet at all times"
    Could you please explain this sentence please @jcalle?

wcgames likes this.
  5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

BB checks from time to time that there is communication with the server, if there is no communication, it closes.
    I'm sorry for my English.

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Coyowl
    Great points and we are actively working on both. Offline is something we will add in the future (no ETA currently), we just have to make sure it's done the right way.

As for bugs, 2.2.9 should be really solid now. The BETA is in the customer section and we are working on just a couple more things before making the wide release. We solved some major memory issues for the Windows version of Buildbox.

We've found the main outstanding culprit of crashes to be bugs involving copy/paste and undo/redo. We've completely rewritten all of this framework to fix this in 2.3.0. This was, in fact, a total rewrite, and should solve massive problems related to these crashes.

Keep the feedback coming though. We read, and document, all of it.

7. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

@Andy
    Thank you very much for letting us know.
    Hope the offline mode won't take long.
    That's great news, thanks for reading our feedback and fixing issues the community reports :)

8. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

My 3 points:
    HD or higher resolution
    Facebook exporter to create games playable through Facebook
    Multiplayer to let players play together

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

These 3 are for me a must. Also, HD or higher resolution could be replaced with some kind of vector based scaling as well. Or being able to import different assets for different scales would be nice too. Like small, medium, big and then, only the ones needed get loaded into memory. lol.... sounds like a wet dream :)

Then I agree, I'd rather want to have all bugs squished with the features we already have than having new built in features. And offline mode is definitely +1. Probably one of the most needed 'features'. Working on a plane or in my hammock at the beach is just a must for a software like that.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  10. manojbagri199

manojbagri199 Avid Boxer

Offline mode
    APP in which we can upload our bbdoc and test our game on real time
    Faster Loading
    Better AI
    Better Particle system
    More Advance Components
    VR
    and AR support
    Facebook and GOOGLE Daydream support
    And also ability to work as team on single project

Starman likes this.
  11. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

I'd definitely want these all features!

12. reignwilliams

reignwilliams Boxer

Using Facebook login and leaderboards
    Web export

13. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Advance Components
    - Points\Coins on death

-Basic AI

14. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

Guys you forget to mention achievement

harislatif likes this.
  15. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

Well well till now by far we have given many suggestions even some are must to do but I don't think that buildbox can achieve them to come with BB3,or can they?
    Only matter of time will say but as from everyone perspective i think everyone wants that new cool features which infact will make Buildbox more powerful!

I hope trey smith and others read this and try to achieve this!
    Good luck Team Buildbox!

16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We take everything into consideration, all requests and customer feedback. Of course, we can't do it all, and do it all by tomorrow. But we add things when it makes sense to do. I would say more than 50% of features we add, and when we add them, are driven by primarily by customer feedback.

Coyowl, playsgames6666 and blackswan like this.
  17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Teamwork features oh yes please. How many times I wanted to copy scenes or UIs from one bbdoc into another for example. This literally would save me days of work.

comicsmathias and BeeDhan like this.
  18. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

Sure Andy but can u tell me that how many of all these things above mentioned have you people accomplished in marking?We all will be happy to KNW and tell that what other features you people can promise to us which will be coming with BB3

19. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I also want to add the ability to reskin copied worlds without affecting the primary world

if only there is a chang log of upcoming features and the release exact time so people will know there was a lot of promises that wasn't fulfilled like to have an update every month with new presets

playsgames6666 and blackswan like this.
  20. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

From a revenue point of view, I would like to see Chartboost reward videos included and their new Interactive playable ads. Features are always welcome, but including easy ways to earn revenue is the way forward ;)