Buildbox 3.0 Alpha 3

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by TreySmith, Jul 8, 2018.

1. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I mean, it could make sense considering those people on that side of the world would be in bed when we got it, but I don't understand why they just wouldn't post a link or email us.

2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Yeah, there is probably a link at the end of the video or somethin, but still 15 hours lol. At least send out a link when the earliest people see the video that way when we wake up in the morning we can download it and have it like they do and not have to wait till 3pm.

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  3. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I don't think they will have a link in the webinar because you have to be a subscriber to get the beta. I could see a subscribe offer happening, but everyone probably gets it at the same time.

4. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey guys! Sorry for any confusion.

To clarify: since we have customers from around the world, we wanted to try a new feature which will play the event at 3:00PM and 6:00PM in your current time zone.

TheGameAppStudio and AaroArts like this.
  5. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

But, do they get the beta earlier than us?

thatguyminib likes this.
  6. thatguyminib

Thanks for replying @Sean Buildbox but the main question was if they get beta earlier than us or not.

7. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I don't see the big deal over it. Technically those living in Australia could get it earlier due to their time zone over the UK. By the end of Thursday, I imagine we will all have the beta in our hands. That's good enough for me.

Miko Buildbox and Phill Mason like this.
  8. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Thanks for the clarification @Sean Buildbox much appreciated.

It's quite funny seeing folks whining and moaning about getting BB3 slightly later than others, really people?!?!
    Personally, I think it's a great idea that the BB Team are trying new approaches to launches and events, everyone gets to experience the event at the same time, regardless of where they live and as @spicedbeangames said, that's good enough for me. :)

P.S BB Team, if you could possibly delay the download of BB3 Beta for @jmiller8031 and @thatguyminib until Friday, that would be hilarious, right?......they'd see the funny side of that, wouldn't they? :)

9. thatguyminib

Technically we won't all experience it at the same time if it is relative to your timezone lol. Some people have the event for 16 hours from now and some have it scheduled a day from now so not everyone will experience it at the same time.

I would also find that funny if they did end up doing that lol.

Miko Buildbox and Phill Mason like this.
  10. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Hey now, I'm not complaining. Lets not be rash. :O

Phill Mason likes this.
  11. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

So people in Australia will get it first ! we'll buy the shop out before you have a chance Lol!
    Not that I'm buying I got the master collection2, so total bargain, I better get off my ass and make a game with it not!

Miko Buildbox likes this.
  12. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

I'll just make sure I don't spoil anything for you guys!

13. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Please, spoil away. In fact if you could record and repost, that'd be fantastic. lol.

Gotta say that I think this is a horrible idea. If you have the content ready, why make someone wait just because of their timezone/location? Post it on Youtube and let everyone view it. You'd get way more shares and hype this way too. Don't really understand why this was even considered, to be honest.

Everything goes live at the same time nowadays whether it's video games on Steam or music releases. Delayed releases based on location is extremely outdated, and really hope you guys scrap this idea for the future.

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  14. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

What's your problem man? People give their feedback saying this is a bad idea, and you start saying to delay the release for them even further?

For some people this is a job, not a joke, we spend a lot of money on this software, and getting started almost a whole day earlier would be a huge plus.

I could have got the introduction video out of the way tonight and got started on the beta tomorrow, but instead, I have to spend my night waiting, and take time out of my day tomorrow, in order to get caught up, for no reason.

If they don't have the content ready, completely fair enough. But, if they have the content ready, and aren't giving it to me, just because of where I live, that honestly makes absolutely no sense to me.

You can say that I'm "whining" and "moaning" all you want, but that won't make this horrible idea any better.

15. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

As I expected, the beta download will be available at 5PM PST for everyone to get at the same time.

I got a glimpse of the beta video because someone was kind enough to stream live on Facebook, and it looks fantastic.

I'd love to share some clips that I like, here and on social, but I'm unable to do so at the moment.

For the next event, I think it'd be better to post the announcement video on Youtube instead, for this very reason.

16. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Have to say it was very impressive 5.00pm today we get our hands on it !!!

17. spicedbeangames

Super stoked for this! I've just been watching the unlisted Alpha 2 video @TreySmith put out there a couple of weeks ago. I knew coming to BB was the right decision. I hope the team are rewarded for their hard work with good sales!

volcank likes this.
  18. vikash

vikash Boxer

Hey How can I get these updates? What is MC2.0 customers? I have Builbox popilar subscription. Any way awesome 3D effects.

19. spicedbeangames

MC2 customers kinda paid a set amount of money ( I think around $2400) as a set price. So they don't pay any subscription and had access to early BB3 during its development cycle.

The beta goes live today, so if you are a current subscriber and I believe it's the $99 option(I could be wrong), you will get free access to BB3 today. I imagine they will announce new software (Voxel/Soundbox) and a new tier of subscriptions to grant access to them all.

20. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey @mrcarson, clearly my dry British sense of humour didn't register from my post :) Look, even the guys I was gently ribbing saw the funny side and responded so in their replies. It's just intended to be a bit of light banter between fellow Boxers, so no need to get all fired up. I've just seen the webinar here in the UK (brilliant, by the way) and we will not be getting BB3 any sooner than you, if you're in the US, as a few have mentioned here on the forum, it'll be provided to everyone at 3pm PST, which is around 1am for us guys.

Sean Buildbox and AaroArts like this.