Buildbox 3.0 2d Performance Compared To Buildbox 2.x

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by miika, Aug 5, 2019.

1. miika

miika Boxer

As you can jump between 3D and 2D mode's in Buildbox 3.0, the game engine must be bit different than what it was in BB2.0. For an example you can open a 3D game preset and click "2D mode" and the game changes into 2D. Obviously other parameters of that game preset might not be adjusted for 2D space, but from the engines point of view and speaking of graphics this jump basically means that 2D games run in the same engine as the 3D game (I guess).

QUESTION A:So does anyone know if there are any performance differencies between Buildbox 3.0 vs 2.X? So if you have really "heavy" 2D game, does it run as good in BB3.0 as it ran on BB2.0?

QUESTION B: I would imagine that running 2D game is easier for mobile phones? Or am I wrong? Would 2.5D game be tougher on a phone than 2D? When we get into pure 3D games, obviously there are plenty of factors that play in into how tough the game is for the engine. But in overall sense, if you wanna make that runs in older mobile phones, is going 2D better than simple 2.5D for an example?

PS. Would be awesome if Buildbox would have somesort of performance/resource monitoring that would give users some clue on how heavy their game is. In 3D games it's art in itself to be able to create good looking models with lower polygons. I dont believe everyone's making hyper casual 3D games with cubes and triangles.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019