BuildBox 2 Thanks but No Thanks!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by georgianadanielastate, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. georgianadanielastate

georgianadanielastate Boxer

my english sucks and sorry for that!
    I'm pretty new here. I played around with buildbox 1.x and I had high expectations regarding 2.0.
    I don't talk about multiplayer because it involves different resources, servers...
    Two thinks I waited with baited breath ! Inventory System and KEYS> Doors system (pretty hard to make it in actual version, maby with strike, but any enemy in front can break anything) . I found nothing in 2.0.

I am very sad!

Regards.

2. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

"played around" won't enable you to truly understand the potentials of this tool.

spend some time using it properly and going through the documentation AND most importantly creating, creating, creating.

There is no better way to have a problem and crack your head and figure out that an alternative solution is there...

Of course it depends on what type of games you want to develop using Buildbox...

3. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

I think you really have to get in there and play with it, to find out what it can and can't do. Once you've got that idea, you can design your game around it. This software is mainly aimed at mobile game not huge AAA stuff. It fast and easy to use so you don't have to code. It's horses for courses, and RPG may be better suited to a program that was designed for it. You can't please all the people all the time it's impossible. So live within the rules of buildbox and you'll be fine !

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  4. Abdou023

Abdou023 Boxer

Buildbox is more suited for Arcade style games, it's not an all in one engine, and multiplayer definitely will not suit it because the kind of games it produces 95% of the time will not work as a multiplayer game (Unless we are talking about 2player co-op for Apple TV)
    You should take a look at the Showcase at the main website and see what type of games that are done with it, and see if the idea in you head will fit among those.