Buildbox 2 Support And Another Price Model?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by HG-2018, Feb 2, 2020.

1. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

exactly! I don't want to be a beta tester either and I would never recommend BB3 to anyone. It is a $500 per year CRASH FESTIVAL that should have stayed in beta for at least another year. Buildbox lost his soul, or better said, sold his soul. All is left is the name and all we get is good for nothing corporate answers like "Why don’t you check out the new beta and let us know how we can improve it"

diamdiamubi, Jaro and MAC420 like this.
  2. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Ok so I did get an answer the other day from BB threw E-mail and plan and simple there not offering BB2 no more and will be making no updates for it...... So we are all basically paying for a faulty 3D/2D program and for others to use it for free.... How do you people sleep at night.

3. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

Nice. That is all i needed to know.

MAC420 likes this.
  4. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Hi @Josh (Nology Games) , The answer is very simple. Addition of all BB2 functions not found in 2D BB3. Animation features such as BB2 have character. And easy ads that have always been valid for #nocode. All this would help to get closer to BB2 and help people who have worked on it so far. The opportunity to work on old BB2 projects in 2D BB3 is a dream for many.

5. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Has #nocode died? Can I hear right ?? 13th was always unlucky for me.:mad:

6. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

To be clear Buildbox 2 will receive maintenance updates and will still be available for paid users. There will not be many new functions added for updates however.

Easy Ads are available in Buildbox 3 currently (Ironsource and Admob). Animations can be done via 8 side animation and other nodes and offers much more functionality/flexibility. If there are major functions from BB2 outside of this you feel cannot be done feel free to shoot them over and I can get with the team on prioritizing them.

Hopefully this explains, Buildbox 2 will still be available and moves to make the BB2 to BB3 compatibility better are being worked on as well.

belmir and MAC420 like this.
  7. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Easy ads are available in the free version. Is there any plan to do this for the paid version ??

8. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Oh Okay, well that's not how my e-mail read. So idk. But, thank you for saying something about it and clearing it up.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  9. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

You can use them in the paid version using 3.1.2 and up. We just launched 3.1.4 Beta here in the forum as well and once it goes official you will be able to update it from within the application but as a paid user you are more than free to download 3.1.2 and up to use the integrated ads as well. You are not locked to 3.1.1 to be clear, integrated ads have been available for paid users in BB3 for a while now

Jaro likes this.
  10. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

I can't agree more, hopefully, the Buildbox team will consider our request for a Buildbox 2d software with BB2 project backward compatibility.

Sean Buildbox and MAC420 like this.
  11. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Thanks Sean, you are as helpful as ever.I know all versions, progress and problems. I am very focused on 2D in BB2. However, I must admit that BB3 is making powerful progress. It's really good but the whole idea should be a smooth transition between programs. I believe so.I think BB2 support is a long-term plan and not just for the next few weeks to calm down the situation.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    MAC420 and Sean Buildbox like this.
  12. diamdiamubi

diamdiamubi Boxer

Subscribed to BB2 on Valentines Day last year (with $299/year promo). Took 3 months to master the software (including hacks and everything). It has everything I needed to build my dream games.
    Then start building my games. It is a semi complex classic shooting games with story cutscenes (comic), multiple characters and boss fights. As this is a story driven game, characters/powerups will begin to surface one by one as the game progressed and players can use/buy em on different levels. There will be 1 tough boss fight for every 4 levels (depending on the story).
    I have working building the games for more than 6 months (during my free time) as I am working full time. BB2 has all the features needed and the drag and drop in BB2 make the process fun, easy and smooth. The only features missing is REWARDED VIDEOS updates. I have waited until today and the promised features updates (rewarded videos) are not fulfilled. And from recent info, there will be no more feature updates.

My options - 1) finish the game with BB2, or 2) rebuild everything with BB3

Option 1 - Sure I can finish it (even without rewarded videos) and publish it to appstore. But how about when os is changing and the game need updates? I was a Project Zero (Trey's first drag and drop game builder) user and I remember how he just abandon the project when Buildbox started. I have to took down all the games built with PZero because all become obsolete and I couldn't make proper updates

Option 2 - Think positive and build everything from scratch with BB3, because BB3 is the future and all the resources are being focused to it. However, for now it is not a smooth transition. BB3 lack all the features needed (character system, actions etc) and filled with bugs. I must admit that BB3 is making powerful progress... but I couldn't wait anymore. Just not sure when BB3 will have all features that I need and become stable. Plus, BB3 is not a NOCODE engine anymore (for now) - the only reason why I've subscribed.

My subscription is ending today and I have no intention to renew (even if I lose the promo pricing if I wanted to subscribe again). Have to move on to other engine. If I need to code or semi code, better do it with stable engines and with lots of tutorial. I guess I'm not willing to pay for something that is useless to me. I may come back when BB3 is ready and fully functional as nocode engine, but for now, I just couldn't wait and pay for something that is unsure...

33Shox and MAC420 like this.
  13. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

Option 3 - rebuild your game in a new engine and break free from the cult of lies and empty promises :D

diamdiamubi likes this.
  14. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi all
    I reassured myself with the response from @Sean Buildbox I thank you for your fairly clear answer, for me I ask not much except to fix bugs, added missing features like "sliding menu like the character choices", for browser buttons, "stopwatch" for counting without any action it's just to display an outline, and support new devices
    :)