Buildbox 2.3.5 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

what's wrong with the continue mechanic? couldn't update to 2.3.5 yet since i'm out of town right now

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It's the setup I have in my game. I have no idea what changed, but it just doesn't work anymore. Maybe with wake up distances or with how scenes load. My character depends on invisible platforms which move after a certain distance... the new update completely messed with that. But I wouldn't even know where to look for to solve the problem. :(

3. Jollydo

Jollydo Boxer

@Andy the "Google Play services: sign in error" causing the Leaderboard button to be invisible: do you have any timeframe when this bug can be fixed? I was planning to publish a game but i need the leaderboard.

Good luck with it, and thanks.
    Martijn

4. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Can you send in your bbdoc for that one Christoph? I just tried it out with a duration of four seconds. I did full screen overlay, and it seemed to be working for me. If you could send it in so we can take a look at it, it might be a specific case that isn't working.

5. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Okay thanks for letting us know. I believe Christoph reported this before and I thought we took care of it. I will double check on this and confirm.

6. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey @Christoph , do you have a before the update bbdoc and after the update bbdoc? We will need to look at both to figure this one out. It would help a lot. If you get the chance, please send those in to support so we can dive in and see what's happening.

7. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Okay, so I checked on this and a bbdoc example and especially a short video would be super helpful so we can track this down. It looks like this happens only in special cases. If I open up a fresh bbdoc, make some UI animations and copy it over, it works fine. So we are going to need to see yours and have an example so we can pin this down. Please send a bbdoc and a short video into support if you can.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I got sometimes incredibly long waiting times when saving my projects on a Mac in 2.3.5. Like two minutes or so, sometimes it seems it doesn't proceed at all. Same project in 2.3.4 #1990 saves within seconds. Also, when you cancel because you think this is not going to finish at all, Buildbox closes nonetheless. (That obviously only happens if you click on close and then it asks you if you want to save and you say yes.)

@ZackGriset regarding the continue thing that was messed up, it was rather a collision shape issue and I found how to work around it. All good. Thanks.

9. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Interesting. I experience a bit of a long wait on saving bbdocs as well, but I thought it was my old laptop I was using. I'll definitely look into this and bring this up with the dev team and see what they think.

Okay, I'm glad you figured it out and were able to work around it! So was the collision shape thing a bug or user error?

10. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

OK just as a reference point I timed a save of a 45MB bbdoc @ 41 seconds.
    BB 2.3.5 and Mac with SSD Drive.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm actually not sure haha. But probably more a user error. Even though I don't find the logic of why it was happening in the first place. :)

Where is the comparison? How long does it take on BB2.3.3 to save the same file?

12. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

So any updates on the leaderboard button? I need this to be fixed as soon as possible (already reported it a few days ago and sent a bbdoc to support) As you can see I am expected to deliver my game in less than two days ( https://knifefruit.carrd.co/ ) but I can't publish the game without leaderboards..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  13. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

haha okay no problem. Let me know if it rears it's ugly head again lol :)

We are already working on this and making sure it's fixed. I know this is time sensitive for you and others so we are jumping on this as fast as we can. I'm not 100% sure on when it will be done, but we are shooting for later today if possible or tomorrow.

14. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Hey @ZackGriset is this a 2.3.6 update or just an update for those who request to fix the Leaderboard issue?

15. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey Andy, Since this will be a quick fix, and because it hasn't been a super widespread issue, we will probably just make a new build available that specifically handles just this one issue, and make it available to any customer who is having this problem.

AndyG likes this.
  16. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Hey, I wanted to ask you, Is this issue only happening in preview or on a device as well?

17. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

I have the same problem, and for me its both preview and device

18. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Both preview and device

19. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I also confirm both preview and device and the weird thing sometimes it work

20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I don't think this is an issue that only affects some users. It's a problem we all have. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.