Build Box Causes Macbook Pro To Over Heat And Second Display Problems?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Trudeau, Sep 9, 2016.

?

Does anyone play mobile halloween games? Send me any games you love!

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Sometimes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

Hi Everyone!

I'm using a new Macbook Pro 15" Retina (bought December 2015) with an iMac (4 years old not Retina) as a second monitor. I've noticed a couple things I was wondering if there's a trouble shooting solution for them?

1: My Macbook Pro seems to really heat up when I run Buildbox with a second display. So much that I have to only work on my Macbook Pro when using Buildbox. Its the same from battery use and power from the wall use. I have no problems running multiple Adobe CC apps with my second display setup. I've check the memory usage and Buildbox isn't even using that much. No damage has been cause yet from this, but I wanted to figure it out or ask if anyone else is having similar problems.

2: When Buildbox opens on the second display (iMac not Retina) the icons in the app are 3 times the size and hard to read. Similar thing happens with the game testing screen, it's scaled all wrong. I can drag Buildbox to my Macbook Pro (Retina), the icons in the Buildbox return to normal, I can then drag Buildbox back to the second display and it's fine. This trick doesn't work with the game preview screen. I see Trey using multiple screens in his Buildbox videos. Do all the screens need to be Retina?

Any help would be great. Maybe there's some settings some where I'm missing?

Chris

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

The iconography in my signature should look familiar... It's rare now but still happens for some...

As far as 1 goes, I use external monitor without heat issues

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I use external monitor, sometimes 2 and even 3 (2 mini display ports and 1 HDMI). No heating issue because of that.

How do you connect an iMac with the MacBook Pro? Is that just an Apple Monitor with Thunderbolt or that is really an iMac with its own CPU and memory and hard drive and OSX and everything?

You can open ActivityMonitor to check what process cranks the CPU that much...

Non-Retina external monitor: Yes, there are problem with the size of icons, fonts etc...