Brain Jam

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by spicedbeangames, Feb 20, 2018.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Hey all.
    Right now, I am going through a phase where I have some ideas - maybe - but my brain is really not working out good ideas in terms of gameplay.

I've researched some games on the app stores, played lots - and who knows, maybe that is the reason why I can't knuckle down an idea. Just curious how you folks cope when you run out of ideas, or search for new ideas to make a new game - or even a game with a twist.

swiftcurrent likes this.
  2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Lol funny you should say this, I tweeted out yesterday this game dev tip: If you ever run out of game ideas just go up to a non game dev and tell them you are a game developer. They will give you 10 of "THE BEST" game ideas.

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

lol @thatguyminib
    For me, to keep myself fresh, i bounce between games. At any point during a single day, ill work on 3-5 different games. My favorite thing to do is hunt games down on stores and play them. Then think about ways i can achieve this style of game within BB. Figure out a trick or "hack" to make a certain function work etc.

4. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

I'm the same as @OneHitGamer
    5 to 6 games on the go at once, back and forward.
    One game i have been working on for over a year, LOL
    I do a couple of scenes get brain jammed, move on to next game and go from there.
    But finally I'm focused on my, over a year game, completed 5 worlds, all UI's, and now working on an endless mode.
    Hopefully should be done in the next few weeks..or months hahahahah.

AppNasty likes this.
  5. thatguyminib

WE SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE THE GAME JAM FOR BB3 CALLED BRAIN JAM! lol

adrogdesigns likes this.
  6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Buildbox Game Jam 3 days time limit would be sweet. Set rules......Game MUST have x feature....be about x. Winner gets like....3 months free. Or some assets. Or some help from trey an crew etc.
    @TreySmith @Buildbox @ZackGriset

7. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Haha I love this guys. We are definitely doing a game jam soon. I said before that it would be towards the end of February, but it might be a bit later. We are working on a few other projects and then I'm jumping on it.

AppNasty and thatguyminib like this.
  8. thatguyminib

I think having a game jam for BB3 beta would be perfect to build hype for BB3 release. You could even make a YouTube video showing highlights of all the games made. I know when BB3 beta is available I'll make some YouTube videos on it and about learning JavaScript with it

AppNasty likes this.