Binary Rejected - 0. 9.0 Before You Submit: In-app Purchase

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by AaroArts, Aug 27, 2016.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

So my first BB Game has 3 IAP. 1x Remove Ads and 2x Unlockable Characters.

Today, my app got rejected by Apple for the reason in the subject above.

This was their message in the resolution centre:

"Before You Submit

We are unable to complete the review of your app since one or more of your In-App Purchase products have not been submitted for review.

Specifically, you have submitted IAP to unlock 2 of the colored character, but your app currently contains 15 different colored characters.
    Please be sure to take action and submit your In App Purchase(s) AND upload a new binary in iTunes Connect. Learn more about submitting In App Purchases for review in the In-App Purchase Configuration Guide for iTunes Connect.

Once you've submitted your In App Purchases and uploaded a new binary, we can proceed with your review.Note: Apps that offer In-App Purchase products that must be restorable are required to include a "Restore" feature. The following In-App Purchase types must be restorable:

- non-consumable products
    - auto-renewing subscriptions
    - free subscriptions

For more information, please see the section, Restoring Purchased Products, in the In-App Purchase Programming Guide."

Basically, I have no idea what this means.
    The other "15 characters" aren't IAP. They can be unlocked by using In-Game currency you collect by playing the game... They don't have ID's and they're not even marked as IAP in BB...

Are they confused? Or?

2. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Yes. They are confused because you created a confusing scenario. You have 15 charcters but only 2 of them are unlockable by IAP. That's the problem. You either need to explain that to them or make them all unlockable or all IAPs.

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Thousands of games use this structure...?
    The unlockable characters have an in-game currency price underneath them, the IAP one don't.

However, I have explained to them and hopefully they re-review it soon I guess.

4. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

@Sam_Aaro You can have characters that unlock with IAP and some with just "in-game" currency. Your just have to be clear about it.
    You could probably fix this in the way you label your character. So the IAP character, name them "Buy Me" & "Buy Me2" in BB so that in the character line up the labels appear and you can see the in-game prices (500, 1000, 5000) etc and the IAP ones you see the "Buy Me". When they click on the character the IAP pop-up is going to appear with your current pricing (.99, 1.99 etc)
    It would have helped if you had a shop for coins too and sell coin credit too. A "consumable" IAP to set up.
    Lastly, their message also said to install a restore button for the non-consumable IAPs. Place this somewhere obvious for the reviewer to find (Info page, menu page or store page).

5. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

What screenshot did they send you with the rejection? Can you share it here?

6. cioccaapps

cioccaapps Boxer

@Sam_Aaro You need to submit all 3 of the IAP for review as well. Im not sure if you did this before you submitted the binary for review. If you didn't. You can update your IAP details by going to the Features tab within iTunes Connect.

7. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Be aware that since you've already been flagged, they may also reject you for not having a way to restore the characters that are unlocked with virtual currency.

8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Thanks for comments guys :)

I did already have a restore button in the settings page and I even mentioned that in the "extra info" comment box to assist in the reviewer.

I also submitted all the correct IAP's in iTunes Connect just like I have in the past.

Regarding the screenshot, it was just a screenshot of the character selection box/page showing where the IAP are located.

I simply replied to their message saying I think there's been a misunderstanding regarding my unlockable characters and I clarified that there was only 2 IAP characters (which are differentiated by currency labels underneath each character) and the restore button is located in settings.

About an hour later I received a message saying thanks for the extra info and the app went live without even resubmitting a new binary or resubmitting from rejected to review...

Strange experience but Apple were awesome and easy to deal with as usual :)

Gregory Storm, trygii and Christoph like this.
  9. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Once it happened to me too. Well, reviewers are humans too, and they have to review hundreds of apps in a week, so I am not blaming them .making mistakes like that. It was better than a rejection anyways.

Deliverbo likes this.