(Big) : Preview not working correctly on MAC

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by netkomm, Jan 16, 2016.

1. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

I am using a Macbook Air and using BB 2 I have this strange bug. Later on will also test on PC but, before reporting it, I wanted to see if any of you had a similar issue.

To test, create a new project and choose any preset. Add all the 4 screens ( game over, coins, info and pause).

When you have the project created run the preview: my screen show a gray backdrop and nothing more. The problem seems to show when adding either the coin or the info screen.

2. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Did not check but I recall a similar problem in the 1.35 TVOS Beta and Andy mentioned that there is a known problem with the preview.

[Edit]
    Sorry, brain was in deep sleep...it wasn't BB2 I tested and because of the new wizard integrated since TVOS build it looked similar...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I might be stating the obvious, but are you guys dropping a "play" image on the main menu screen? I mention this as I was also staring at a blank grey screen when I first opened BB2 and I realised that the preset did have a start button in place, but it had no image, I think @TreySmith mentioned this somewhere in one of the videos.

@TreySmith, @Andy, perhaps this is something you can easily rectify in all the upcoming presets by placing a simple play button image in all presets, as I imagine you'll be getting this question over and over.

4. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

Using the pre made samples

5. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Does it look like this ?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-16 um 15.15.42.png

darren likes this.
  6. ricky_dawn

ricky_dawn Boxer

The premade samples don't have play buttons but if you look at the menu there is a button there just no image - click in the middle of the screen and it will start or add an image to the play button in the game menu UI.

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

BTW @Phill Mason

The play button is not needed, the START UI (splash screens) is directly connected to the Game Field in the preset and demo files. Menus are optional.

9. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Thanks @Andy I did see that if you just select Create New Game and then select a preset without adding anything, then as you say, it does go from Splash Screen directly to Game Field, but if you add a game over screen and info screen for example, then you get the blank grey screen upon hitting preview and the start screen is waiting for you to hit play.