Beware Of Nanovation Publisher! Avoid At All Cost!

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by kokolomoj, Aug 25, 2018.

1. manupr

manupr Boxer

i dont know about Nanovation, but as I said.. if people are cheated by publishers, they should atleast try to spread the word to other developers and even app store editors so that such publishers dont get featured. i am sure appstore editors would not like this practice of cheating developers.
    there is a lack of unity among gamedevs. we tend to not discuss publisher experiences because we see each other as competition. very few devs recommend publishers to each other.. atleast when bad things like this happen devs should be loud and warn other devs.

for example when my old publisher disappeared around 7 developers came out and claimed to have got cheated and not paid. until then everyone was sitting silently thinking they were alone.. for 2 years they published games of other devs and paid not one person.

Christoph likes this.
  2. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

The problem with what you are saying manupr is that, like in this thread started by kokolomoj, he gave no proof whatsoever.
    Developers can't just claim to be cheated, they should at least take an effort to prove it. And lets not forget that people should read and understand the contracts they sign. Maybe the publisher had a right to recoup the advance paid or even some or all marketing cost etc etc

3. manupr

manupr Boxer

i am not vouching for @kokolomoj he should provide evidence if he chooses to.
    but also think of it like this. no one provides evidence for a good experience either. if you work with some publisher and claim to have had a GOOD experience with them you wouldnt provide proof of bank transfer receipt and 'friendly' skype chats.. in this case i think OP has claimed ownership of some game which he can prove.

"Maybe the publisher had a right to recoup the advance paid or even some or all marketing cost etc etc"

there is virtually no marketing cost for this publisher.

". And lets not forget that people should read and understand the contracts they sign"

if the developer could not read contract properly and found out the hard way.. then it is a good idea for him to warn other developers about the shady clauses in the contract. in any case if you are not taking any legal action it is still perfectly ok to leave reviews about any business ;)

Christoph likes this.