Beta3 bugs (so far)

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Lazlow, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

1. Upon opening my last save (made with Beta2), game speed was reset to 0
    2. Character defeated animation not working in game preview:
      1. Not consistently not working, either; the first time I died my character flew around the screen and jumped off (which is not what I had it doing), the second time everything but the particle effects (an explosion) disappeared completely, the third time the character did not disappear but the bits that were supposed to go flying everywhere (a la Line Zen defeat) appeared but did not move, and now it seems to have settled on playing the defeated animation as intended, but the default character doesn't disappear. EDIT: Now it's changed again, back to the third example.
    3. Music and sound effects are overlapping when the game ends. In the game preview, when I die the Game Over music starts but the game play music and any sfx that happened to be playing don't stop.
    4. Restart in the Game Over UI doesn't work. The game restarts, but the Game Over UI doesn't go away.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

#1 - If you can create a repeatable test case please send to support@buildbox.com
    #4 - Try deleting and recreating the button, if that does not work let us know.

regarding #2 and #3, we're still working on some things in these areas, but feel free to report anything specific in greater detail to support.

Lazlow likes this.
  3. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

The game restart on Game over UI was reported earlier this week to support. Sean knows about the issue. It has to do with you are using more then one UI.

4. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

I take that back. You are correct. There is UI issue on game over on Beta3.

5. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

Thanks @Andy , will do.

6. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

7. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

@appdemon, thanks so much, that actually did work!

appdemon likes this.