Best Free Software To Create Simple Characters?

Discussion in 'BBAssets' started by simonsaunders, Mar 3, 2019.

1. simonsaunders

simonsaunders Boxer

maybe

looking for best software to create a simple characters. that i want to be able to spin 360 degrees.
    not looking for complex stuff, but like the below inside game character. basic, simple. but i need one that can rotate 260 degrees.

[​IMG]

2. Clixo Games

Clixo Games Boxer

For 3D you can you "blender" as a schematic for the things you wanna create and then use photoshop to color it and make it how you like. For 2D you can use "gravit designer" there is plenty tutorial to help you.

3. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Even Simple in 3D is called not so simple. just saying. Blender is your friend here.

Blacklist likes this.
  4. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

OK realistically if you've never done 3D you are not going to get much done, it takes years to get good at it. You can't have 3D animated character in BB3 it just doesn't do it, maybe in the future they will implement FBX animations, but for now it's just basic shapes parented together that rotate move and scale that's it. I'm still not sure if they have implemented the 2D animation into BB3, haven't seen any tutorials. At this stage for animated characters, BB2 is still way ahead. If you want to produce 2D stills PNG of animation then blender is not for you as a beginner. I would use something like Daz Studio it's free for both Mac and PC all the stuff is built for you, you just buy the clothes to put on the character, and maybe some animation. Another alternative is reallusions it's a lot easier to animate but it will cost you. So this is just my point of view, maybe it will help maybe not. So best of luck !

5. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Bro you forgot one Beast here .. MIXAMO

Hue Buildbox and wayne_martell like this.
  6. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Well, Mixamo is adobe product. When login, there are some cool characters / animations. There's an option to download / upload a character. Are those suitable for commercial projects? Or they are just for personal use?

Currently BB3 does not support those FBX 3d animations. What I hear, they are working on that to be added to BB3 which is going to be a whole another level.

7. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Okay so i see you have no idea what you can do about it, Well, Here is my suggestion, You do not use their characters, You make your own 3D Model, You bring that in Mixamo, You rig it, and then you use their Animation Presets and export, Once you are done with that, You bring those Exported files in Blender and then Export your Animation Frames as PNG. A little lengthy process but what else.

Rattlehead and itzonator like this.
  8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

You bring FBX to Blender, and then export as PNG, because that is what currently BB3 supports? Interesting... this opens some doors to animated 3D models, instead of using static 3D models.

9. Zyl

Zyl Boxer