Bb3 Requests List

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AppNasty, Dec 24, 2019.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Figured I would make a post of some requests I have for BB3.

1. Ability to adjust LINKER strength. When linking objects we can make chains etc but the moment you move they begin to distance themselves. Having the option to adjust their strength would allow for many new things. Such as a custom body that we can connect body parts to and they won’t disconnect. Great for rag doll effects.

2. Something added to attract node that will prevent objects infinitely slinging around. Allow attracted objects to “settle down”.

3. Custom collisions. Like a mesh does, but allow us to manually adjust each collision point.

4. More UI/Menu options such as scrolling. We can do hacks and make it work but a built in feature would be nice. Have been requesting that since early BB2 versions lol.

5. Custom ads display. Ability to choose as banner to be on top of screen vs bottom etc.

6. Add “ACTION” into purchases like in BB2. In BB2 if you use a purchase button it allows ad removal or action. Then you can set to one time purchase, in game currency or real money. In BB3 it only has remove ads option and not action option.

7. Add more random shapes to assets. Having tubes or whatever that swirvy shape whatever it’s called. Maybe add a Star, Peace Sign etc. stuff like that.

8. An attack node. I think it was PunkPuffin or Hanomax who made a simple set that enemy will focus on player and fire weapon. Would allow for tower defense games but built in.

9. GodRays. Not sure if the engine is able to yet but godrays would add a whole new level of visuals to our games.

10. Built in menu option for player that disables shadows. In case they play on lower end device, would allow them to disable all shadows and get a speed boost or even just to conserve battery. A lot of hypercasual games are doing this now.

Ok. That is all.
    @NikRudenko

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Update: Also, request to fix IS TOUCHED node so it doesn’t touch all objects within path. For example, if you place is touched node in an object and set it to destroy object, if you place say 20 of them in a line and angle the camera so all are lined up and you touch the first block, it touches ALL blocks within the line. Vs just toys Hong the block you touched. from what @Hanomax said it looks like it’s based off xyz cords and cam angle. So if we can get it setup for only the touched object that would be super sweet and allow for even more new game types we can make. @NikRudenko

ShinHS likes this.
  3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

10. Built in menu option for player that disables shadows. In case they play on lower end device, would allow them to disable all shadows and get a speed boost or even just to conserve battery. A lot of hypercasual games are doing this now.

I can say for certain this has been discussed and is in the plans with other Android/Lower Device optimization

AppNasty, ShinHS and HG-2018 like this.
  4. ShinHS

ShinHS Boxer

Hi Sean:):):)
    On Android devices, it's comfortable at first but slows down after a few minutes.
    Almost every boxer game I've played had this problem.
    First thing to solve.

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@ShinHS this kind of issue can be solved via code. I believe, (though I could be wrong) that this issue lies in the amount of objects. That’s why BB2 has a wake up and sleep action. I will bring this forward to make it easier for users. However, in the mean time, there are a few members who might be able to help out if you ask on either the forums or on the discord.

ShinHS likes this.
  6. mohsen

mohsen Boxer

Hey friend
    I couldn't install Buildbox 3 Can you guide me

7. ShinHS

ShinHS Boxer

Thank you for your answer first.
    I am also learning a lot in the forum.
    Slow game may have various problems,
    (I also try to make it light.)
    I wrote about other issues.
    There is a difference between a PC and a device.
    I know there is a difference between Android and iPhone.
    I'm Korean so I speak English wrong. Please do it ~:)

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I’m doing some YouTube tutorials now so I’ll be covering how to optimize games that use a lot of objects. The typical run through on how to super optimize games for best performance.

9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Oh and none are based off editing code. I’m purely focusing on BB code less side of things. Will be showing how to do advanced lighting, using simple nodes to do things people just aren’t doing in BB. Also continue to give away free templates to get everyone started for x game types. Aiming for NEW types can same ole same ole. Will cover some of those too of course.

Matthew Tedesco and ShinHS like this.