Bb3 Limit On Type Of Mobile Devices?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by tonymartz2, Jun 7, 2019.

1. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

hello everyone, I'm 100% iPhone person alway on the last model, however when it comes publishing an app it can't be published to all phone models because correct me if i'm wrong but the cheap phones will not handle BB3, the lagging is crazy slow.
    yes I did go buy a cheap $35 dollar android from walmart.
    ran the app and it runs on slow motion.
    if I download this app on this phone I would give it a 1 star review cause im not going to blame the phone but rather the app.

so my question is how and to what models do we restrict out BB3 games to avoid bad reviews from users with slow phones. ???

2. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

for the record, this is not just an issue w BB, same with other engines.

3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Android is certainly more finicky than it's iOS countertypes on average when it comes to optimization. We're working on some updates in this area and a beginners optimization guide in general for Buildbox as we speak that should help, but overall Android in particular it's best to cater to the better/more recent Android devices in general

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Normally something like Google Play won't let users install the app if their phone isnt supported. Support is based on the SDKs you install. As for Apple, they just shut support off for anything older than 5-6 years. The iPhone 6/Plus is next for the chop. That's 220m customers lost once iOS13 arrives.

5. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Hopefully, you guys can fix the lag issue quickly. A release with laggy builds onto the phone doesn't give off a good vibe.

6. TreySmith

TreySmith Administrator Staff Member

We are expanding the team into Android as well. You guys will see a lot of changes fast over the next few weeks/months.

AndyG and HueTheDev like this.
  7. Aitor Balda Jurado

Aitor Balda Jurado Boxer

Hello all! I am having these same issues on a Xiaomi Mi A1, I do not think this is normal. It is not a top gama phone, but surely it has the minimum requirements to run this kind of apps smoothly... and it is running on 10 fps at most.

Have you done any improvements with this lately? Thanks!!