Bb3 Beta

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by thatguyminib, Jul 12, 2018.

1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

@Buildbox I just saw the ad for the new book @TreySmith made with the special offers and I purchased both special offers and was told I would get immediate access to BB3 beta but have yet to receive beta access or a download in my email.

2. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

What book?
    What special deals?
    Im getting annoyed hearing about special deals going on for people, when subscribers such as my self, for over a year getting screwed with old subscription prices.
    I'm aware specials are for attracting new users, but how about one day giving something to your loyal users who have put up with consistent beta version of this software.
    I don't want to sound like a whinging bastard, but seriously.
    Beta access to BB3 for new subscribers, and special deal prices, when us old subs have been patiently waiting for BB3 and probably is the only reason i have kept my subscription going....

Bilz636 likes this.
  3. thatguyminib

I just saw an ad for it on facebook so not too sure, but I was told in the video I would get access to BB3 beta immediately. Got the indie sub for I think it was only $199 a year. Think they said if you are an existing sub you can sign up and get this new deal.

I also never received the book and was told it would come momentarily.

Edit: I did receive the book via email :) Still no BB3 beta access though.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    adrogdesigns likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

Can you put a link here? Sounds interesting but can't find the ad anywhere:)

5. thatguyminib

I can't seem to find the link for it or the ad :/ Maybe they will announce it soon.

6. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Sounds like a promotional ad that went live too soon.

Christoph likes this.
  7. PLASSA

PLASSA Boxer

Starman likes this.
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So it isnt good for us pro subs (99 a month) because we would get a deal to downgrade our bb to 3 worlds versus infinite. The book seems interesting tho. @TreySmith

9. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Hi @thatguyminib, thanks for binging this to our attention. This video was shot a few weeks ago when we were anticipating on having beta available by now. Beta is not ready yet, and we will be sending to everyone at the same time (we will not be releasing early to anyone with a promotion or in any other manner).

We will change this video out today, and I apologize for the confusion. We are happy to refund your order if you email support@buildbox.com. This promotion was a small test to see if we can bring in new customers who don't know about Buildbox directly from advertising. Thanks!

10. thatguyminib

Sounds good. Not really upset just more disappointed is all. The video says you will get access right away and if you guys knew that it wasn't going to go out why have a video telling a new customer that they will receive both products when they order the deal? Not really a good way to earn the trust of a new customer, even if it is for testing purposes, by pretty much false advertising. Might want to pay closer attention to the ads you send out ;). I don't need a refund was going to get the indie sub anyway when we had access to BB3 and seemed like a good deal rather than getting it later and paying full price for it once BB3 did finally come out :). Plus I got soundbox which I can't wait to dive into.

Glad you guys are changing the video out! :D

Also just checking out the book right now and remember the video saying it was over 100 pages but the book is only 89. Were some of the pages not exported with the pdf or was that another mistake on the video?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  11. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Hi @thatguyminib I totally understand the frustration. You are right, definitely not the best way to start off with customers and they are working with Trey now to fix it. It was an honest mistake because apparently the video was made weeks ago, and marketing missed the reference before going live with a small test.

Also, I will notify marketing about the book length. I know it's correct on the sales page, but we will make sure they look in the video as well (which was recorded before the book was finalized). I know they launched a very small test on Facebook and were not planning on the release going wide yet, which is probably why you've seen a few issues here. Finally, they are adding some udpated images to the book this week. Specifically in the game design section.

Thank you!

12. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

@Buildbox Hi,
    I purchased the book also and spoke with Sean earlier, he cleared up the whole Indie Sub thing. I opt to keep my Pro Sub.
    But when the book is updated will it get sent to us automatically or should I check back with you guys at a later date?

thatguyminib likes this.
  13. thatguyminib

I would like to know this as well.

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  14. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer