Bb3 And Games

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by visionarymonkey, Aug 1, 2018.

1. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

So I'm just curious to see how game development is going for people who have been working with BB3 alphas and now beta.

This isn't a complaint because I realize that BB3 is still in beta, but it feels like there are numerous limitations when compared to BB2 that make it very difficult to create an innovative game that utilizes the new node system. Yes the Node system opens up a great amount of new possibilities, but without checkpoints, menu jumps, points separate from coins, timed spawning (bullets), actions as power-ups, and all of the logic such as portal, transform, and path I feel very limited.

If I'm wrong, I'm curious to hear how developers are getting around my perceived limitations. My "limitations" may very well be my lack of knowledge on how to utilize the new node system. and I look forward to learning otherwise.

2. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

So no comments? Are people developing without issues, creating very simply games, or are there concerns similar to mine?

The latest weekend update was a nice confirmation that BB3 will be updated and the mentioned missing aspects above will eventuality be addressed.

I 'm happily still building and exploring in Buildbox 2 and can't wait to bring my ideas to BB3 once its more solid and we have at-least the same features as BB2.

3. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

They are a long way off with BB3 so you're best to stick with BB2 while they get BB3 working. It's not the bugs it's more the things they haven't put in. No menus or button no 3d animation it's very basic and you can do way more in BB2. They are getting there but it's going to take time. So don't hold up the production waiting for it. I'm guessing at least 4 months before it's usable and maybe another 2 month longer before final release. It's a big job they are taking on and I don't envy the poor programmers.