BB Master Collection - Bonus game re-skinned

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ajcoryat, Nov 20, 2015.

1. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Hi Everyone,
    For those of you who qualified for the Bonus of the Master Collection (10 Game Builds), here is a video we created to demonstrate how to take ownership by using the gameplay but with your own art and sound. It's just over 6 minutes long. The game being re-skinned was called: The Human Cannonball. Very cute idea to get you started, but obviously would need a lot more levels designed for it.
    I didn't put it in the open forum because only a limited number of people would have this build. Our version of this game will be submitted to the Appstore soon.
    Have a look here:

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@ajcoryat where do you get or buy these artworks?

3. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Most of the art I had an artist create for several other games and I have recycled into this one. (Main Character, Background, rockets etc)
    The colorful platforms in green and blue came from the BB game build file: Robobird
    The substitution of the boxing glove rotating arm I created from art assets in the Buildbox art pack (Saw Blade) and from a piece I found in Robobird (A background piece I shaped into the armature). I assembled it in software called ArtText2 (available on Mac AppStore)
    The replacement cannons were from the BB Art pack - (Jet engine). I animated the movement by manipulating the image in ArtText2 and outputting a sequence of positions one-by-one.
    My main character did not come with flames at his feet. I cut out each flame sequence from each Human Cannon ball character png file in Photoshop and imported into ArtText2 along with my Robot Character's png sequences to create an animated flying robot sequence.
    A lot of the pre-production started by unzipping the bbdoc for Human Cannonball and looking at the images in the resource folder to see what sizes I needed to recreate.
    I used this same process to create the Pumpkin Man Wild Ride game - Which originally was the BB game build - Robobird. Then added more and more levels as ideas came to me. A lot of that art came from the BB Game build sample: Spark, plus my characters from another game. Again, ArtText2 was used heavily in the assembling of artwork and UI buttons.

4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Thanks for the info. So most of the art are from BBox Master Collections?

5. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Only some came from the Master Collection game builds. Some from the Art pack and then the rest from my own material

6. appybuildmore

appybuildmore Boxer

@ajcoryat that video of the reskin was awesome! thanks for sharing

7. dgs_stan

dgs_stan Boxer

How do you get master collection?

8. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Its no longer being offered. Hopefully the Buildbox team will update it and have a re-release