BB Keeps losing Audio Files

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Phill Mason, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi guys, anyone else experiencing any audio loss from their bbdoc?

When I come back to a bbdoc and open it, sometimes I've lost the in-game or title audio and on this last open, I've just lost an objects audio clip. Sometimes the audio is still in the drop-down list and other times, completely gone from the file altogether. It's very sporadic.
    Is this an audio bug?

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

If you come up with a specific sequence where you see an issue please send BBDOC example along with instructions. I'm not aware of anything we can reproduce. I haven't seen any issue with this during regular use.

3. Phill Mason

Will do @Andy, thanks. Just wondering, does BB have any issues with file name length or bit rate? I've got a mixture of 128k mono and 256k stereo mp3 files.

A couple of the audio files I used that went missing, did have rather long names. I'm just throwing stuff out there. I'll keep an eye on it to see if anything specific shows up.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Honestly it COULD be anything but none of these things SHOULD cause files to disappear like that. Will check into the long name issue, if you find something repeatable and consistent please let us know.

Phill Mason likes this.
  5. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Perhaps in general it's just good to have short names and small files anyways since the smallest game file you can produce is preferable in a variety of ways.

Phill Mason likes this.
  6. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Phill, see if your file names have dashes or extra periods in them... i had an issue once with an asset I think it was related to my file name (foggy memory but a dash or extra period comes to mind)

Phill Mason likes this.
  7. Phill Mason

Agreed, good practice @Machine Rises, cheers.

Thanks @darren, I'll check all file names for those too, cheers.

8. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

@Phill Mason I have experienced this before as well. If I remember correctly it was when I had opened a bbdoc file, then added the same sound file I had used to another object. Next time I opened the bbdoc, both objects had lost their sound. I may be missing a step in there, but you are not alone. ;-) .. Not really a big deal, I put the sounds back and didn't have problems after. Good to catch before releasing the game, though...

9. Phill Mason

Good to know @stevinz , thanks.